A few quick Q's about my nlite'd XP SP3 disc

Kelly Keyboard

Hey guys

Re my other topic I have successfully created an updated XP SP3 disc w/ IE7 & WMP11 however there are a few probs with it that I'd like to fix.

1. When I try to integrate the following IE7 updates in nLite, it generates an error when it is creating the final result saying something like "cannot integrate KBxxxxxx".

It happens to these hotfixes:

There are ALL IE7 hotfixes. On the MS website it says they are for SP2 with no mention for SP3. Is this why they are failing to be integrated? - is it because they are now redundant with the slipstream of SP3 into my XP Gold disc?

2. Why does KB915865 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=915865 show up in Add/Remove Programs on my new nLite disc? No other hotfixes from SP3 show up in Add/Remove Programs except this one & IE7-WindowsXP-KB947864-x86-ENU.exe. IS there anyway to 'hide these in Add/Remove Programs' or is the only option just to not integrate them (which I can't do for KB915865 as according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480 it is a part of SP3. I find theme annoying in the Add/Remove list that's why I want to try and stop them from appearing.

3. How come when I integrate additional XP themes in the 'Desktop Themes' in the Unattented section of nLite by including 'Royale.mssytles' when I test in in VMWare it isn't in the list of themes available. Yes I did do the allow unsigned uxtheme.dll option in nlite. Why is this happening?

4. Finally to achieve a fully updated DirectX March 2008 install I have downloaded DirectX_9.0c_End-User_Runtime_AddOn_0.3.4_-_redxii.7z. Do I just include this in the hotfixes section of nLite for it to be integrated into my SP3 disc? Or do I need to extract it before it gets integrated? Also how do I tell if it was successful and actually updates the DX files in my nLite disc?

Thanks guys... sorry for all the Q's I just want to get a perfect disc thats all (I'm sure we all do)!

Cheers :)

Nlite has support for extracting 7zip files so in theory that should work.

About installing IE its better to use a IE pack that has all recent fixes in it. Check ryanvm forums.

I used one and integrated on a xp sp3 for someone and it worked perfect. Also its more space concervative as crap has been trimmed most likely, and you avoid unnecessary windows add/remove entries.

That was about it.