WPI Help

Hi guys,

I need a little help with WPI. I've completed pretty much 80% of my unattended setup (slipstreamed SP3, hotfixes, WMP11, IE7), and now I decided to include silent installs of my applications.

I've found their switches and all, but how do I make WPI run when Windows boots into GUI for the first time? I'm guessing along the lines of [GUIRunOnce], but what command would I have to put in it?

Another issue, I downloaded the latest WPI and every time I run it, it gives a "Cannot Find MSHTA.exe" error, and has to be cancelled about four times for WPI to load. Could you please check that too?

Thanks a million

Khannn

You removed IE6 with nlite? Something has broken the association. Any regtweaks?

ALso if you look on the website and main release post you will see that there is pre made packages for starting WPI from a UA cd....

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian, the thing is that even in the File Types, .HTA is associated with Microsoft HTML Application Host. I'm not a NOOB in using Windows, and something apart seems to be up. Any ideas, anyone?

I don't know if this is relevant, but prior to SP3 being released, I did make an unattended setup CD, which I installed and am using. This particular version has WMP11 and IE7 pre-integrated.

~~ Removed warez discussion ~~

"Not a NOOB" yet you admit to using warez? Hmmmm...

DO NOT mention warez!!! You can be banned for it.

Do you have nero 7 installed?

You are the first to report this error in a looooong time. There are a couple of rare apps that mess with the html engine. Nero 7 being one and nLite in a couple of ways can.

What are your errors?

Post your last session file please.

Oops, sorry, mate. I was reading up, so I changed my default browser to IE7. It worked fine without a hitch. Then I changed it back to Firefox and its still working. Is that stupid or what?

There's the file. I DO have Nero 7 Essentials (the software that came with my DVD Writer, since Nero 8 is useless and bloaty).

If Nero 7 IS the problem, which I now believe probably is, there won't be any problem in installing it through WPI in a clean system, right?

Last_Session.ini

Probably isn't the right one, since I kept deleting them (my bad, sorry). Anyhow, I'll take your advice for it. This means Nero 7 will be the last application on the install order list in WPI, right?