The file mountmgr.sys is corrupted

Plasma

Using nLite 1.4.5 and a copy of XP Pro Corp SP2 which I have Slipstreamed SP3 into using nLite. I have a copy of the source files which I move to the build directory each time I run nLite so its always a clean copy to begin with, the first few iterations ran fine, now on the last 3 times I've built it setup won't start and I get ..

The file mountmgr.sys is corrupted - Press any Key To Continue

I haven't changed anything as far as OS or patching is concerned the new iterations were to test some addons's I'd upgraded, to the OS files should have stayed the same.

BTW, I'm mounting the ISO in VM Ware 6 to test it.

Any Ideas?

*great program by the way been using it for about 2 years* :thumbup

Plasma

Edited by Plasma

Hey guys,have you replaced any files in i386

this problem show us that some files is not sp3 files

Hmmm .. I wonder, I have 2 custom Kernel files which I replace the existing ones with, I'll remake the ISO without doing this and see if that fixes the problem.

Plasma

Hey guys,have you replaced any files in i386

this problem show us that some files is not sp3 files

Hmmm .. I wonder, I have 2 custom Kernel files which I replace the existing ones with, I'll remake the ISO without doing this and see if that fixes the problem.

Plasma

Yup that was it, so thanks for the pointer! Though the question now is how do I integrate my custom Kernel files that I've done for years? I edited the SP3 originals with boot editor, and then ran ModifyPE on them, and re-packed them. This has worked for everything since I started using nLite.

Any ideas? Or should i just try modifying them again!

Plasma

Im curious, what modifications did u do to the custom kernel files?

Add a custom startup logo and change the colur of the progress bar..

PlasmaLite.jpg

I also replace the "winntbbu.dll" to give a custom setup screen...

setup2.jpg

Plasma

I'm so glad i asked ! =))

Nice Placstic wrap effect there ;D. I've used third party tools to accomplish similiar things, and then i ask, how did you make these?

Resource editor and swap images inside the files? Im on xp x64 and there's no xpize support or such =(

Edited by TranceEnergy

I'm so glad i asked ! =))

Nice Placstic wrap effect there ;D. I've used third party tools to accomplish similiar things, and then i ask, how did you make these?

Resource editor and swap images inside the files? Im on xp x64 and there's no xpize support or such =(

Yep I used Resource Hacker and Photoshop, and swapped out the images. :D

The setup dll took ages to get it looking right but I think it was worth the effort!

For the Kernel files I used BootEditor to put the images in!

Plasma

Edited by Plasma