Problem please help

...This issue is going very serious.

Is sure you have selected the image 2 when you mount boot wim ? because I just changed wimpe in systeme32 and it works.

osmv6.jpg

Its really looking great dude.....but its not working for me.....what i'm doing wrong....?

Its really looking great dude.....but its not working for me.....what i'm doing wrong....?

Do you use GimageX to mount the 2° image of boot wim,like the screen

33794462iz7.jpg

if you mount the 1°image it don't work.

Do you use GimageX to mount the 2° image of boot wim,like the screen

if you mount the 1°image it don't work.

What i'm doing is.....i first mount the install.wim and i modify the files in it and i will unmount that image......them i will mount boot.wim.....but not at the same time as 1 and 2.

What i'm doing is.....i first mount the install.wim and i modify the files in it and i will unmount that image......them i will mount boot.wim.....but not at the same time as 1 and 2.

"not at the same time as 1 and 2"???you must mount only the 2 image of boot wim and modify this one.

projet3gi0.jpg

• 1 month later...
do all the images have to be the same size as the ones being replaced?

yes they do also you have to name them the same,

eg if it says bitmap-157 you name your new image bitmap-157

Edited by Buster67

• 4 months later...

hi all, i've got a little problem with changing background during vista ultimate x86 setup.

i've changed everything, (winpe.bmp, spwizimg.dll everywhere, msoobe.jpeg) but after whindows installs updateds, then restart, and after restart the default background is shown. when it's shown the user creation my custom background come back and remains also in checking performance.

could you tell me whick file have i to edit to change to custom background during that part of setup?

• 1 month later...
hi all, i've got a little problem with changing background during vista ultimate x86 setup.

i've changed everything, (winpe.bmp, spwizimg.dll everywhere, msoobe.jpeg) but after whindows installs updateds, then restart, and after restart the default background is shown. when it's shown the user creation my custom background come back and remains also in checking performance.

could you tell me whick file have i to edit to change to custom background during that part of setup?

OOBEResources located in the mounted install.wim windows\system32\oobe you need to use PE Explorer to edit it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there Buster, I hope you can help me out with my problem. I was finally able to edit my spwizimg.dll file and everything is going good so far. I am having one problem and that is the bg wallpaper of the first screen. When I click "Install Now" button and go to the next screen, my bg works, but at the first menu, the old BG keeps showing up. I have replaced my "spwizimg.dll" in all four places.

1) the root of your disk is Support\migwiz\spwizimg.dll

2) the root of your disk is\sources\spwizimg.dll

3) install.wim-mount\windows\system32\spwizimg.dll

4) boot.wim - mount\sources\spwizimg.dll

Do I need to place the spwizimg.dll somewhere else too?

Also do you know what file to edit to change the text color for the setup screen. I am chaning everything I can, but I am running into the text color problem. So if you know, please let me know the file name. thank you!

My Project Info:

Windows Vista Ultimate X64 Bit OS

Edit spwizimg.dll with - Restorator 2007

Microsoft Windows AIK Installed - I am using the GImageX to mount my Image.

So if you can please help me out. Thank you for your time.

Dude anybody wanna commment on my question? Anybody home? How about you Buster67? I even send to a message, but no respond.

I have worked out that you need to change only 5 screens to change the background on install.

The files and there whereabouts are as follows.

1/ Boot.wim windows/system32/winpe

2/ Boot.wim sources/spwizimg-image 517

3/ Insall.wim windows/system32/spwizimg-image 517

4/ Insall.wim windows/system32/oobe/ image-msoobe

5/ Insall.wim windows/system32/oobe/OOBEResources RC Data OOBE_BAKGROUND_0 & OOBE_BAKGROUND_LARGE_0