Windows could not install selected language

jussiv

My original vista dvd was version 6.0.6000.16386,i slipstream all vista versions(basic,premium etc.).The sp1 exe is wawe1(contains 36 different languages).slipstream end succesfully.when i trying install several vista versions,i get error:Windows couldn`t install selected language.

Vlite version is 1.1.6 final,vista dvd is x86,and my system is x86 vista Home Premium,

and my vista dvd is retail vista dvd.

What i do wrong? :realmad:

And the default language is English,if i have tried to install vista in english language,it works,but my local language finnish didn`t install succesfully,i got error windows coluldn`t install selected language.where i can change default language english to finnish?

And the default language is English,if i have tried to install vista in english language,it works,but my local language finnish didn`t install succesfully,i got error windows coluldn`t install selected language.where i can change default language english to finnish?

Go to control panel regional settings, and once in program there, select the tab to the utter right and you should see that you can change system locale. That is what you want to do.

Tho i wouldnt do that if u play online games with punkbuster. Strange compability issues there.

I mean,how i can change my vista dvd language.My vista dvd contains 12 different languages.Can i change vista dvd default language english to finnish?.if i integrate sp1 my vista dvd,changes selected only vista english versions,if i trying install for example vista premium in finnish language,i got that error. i mean,if finnish is default language,changes selected finnish vista versions.Is possible change finnish in default language,and what i do after that?Need i press apply button,and press rebuild all(this dvd contains 7 different vista versions),need i do this in every windows version invidually?

Many questions,and i am very sorry,my english is very bad.Hopefully somebody make out,and understand,what i ask you.

Edited by jussiv

You have Vista HP with 36 lang SP1 integrated?.And you want Finnish language?.Download the separate Finnish language pack and integrate with vLite.Then you can choose Finnish or English language during install or after install(as explained above).You may have misunderstood the meaning of 36 language SP1 a litte.By integrating it means that 36 languages are supported and can be integrated but those languages(language packs) are not integrated within SP1.SP1 merely adds support for those.Hope this clears things a little.

Also when you integrate Finnish language pack you need to do this only once.The language pack should be applied to all editions.If you want to go the safe way then you can first remove all other editions exept Home Premium.Restart vLite and integrate the LP.That way its ceratin that it will be integrated into single edition.

You can download the specific LP from here:

Finnish 32bit: http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/4501076

Finnish 64bit: http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/4521599

Edited by Tomorrow

I have vista image no sp1 (6.0.6000.16386) in my hard-disk,and i have vista sp1 all language stand alone package,this package contains all languages(36) wawe 1.My original vista dvd contains 12 languages,finnish too.

My vista dvd contains seven different windows versions.

I start slipstream:

1. I choose business in image list http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vliteimagesmk6.jpg

2.I choose service pack slipstream,i choose service pack integration file

3.I wait on hour,and i move next windows version,and i do followin tasks in every windows version.

I have vista image no sp1 (6.0.6000.16386) in my hard-disk,and i have vista sp1 all language stand alone package,this package contains all languages(36) wawe 1.My original vista dvd contains 12 languages,finnish too.

My vista dvd contains seven different windows versions.

I start slipstream:

1. I choose business in image list http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vliteimagesmk6.jpg

2.I choose service pack slipstream,i choose service pack integration file

3.I wait on hour,and i move next windows version,and i do followin tasks in every windows version.

Since this obviously is a bigger problem i suggest you get a image that contains only english language with SP1 preintegrated and integrate finnish language pack into it as i suggested obove.The image will be smaller and you wont have any unnessesary languages.If you dont know how to obtain Vista image with SP1 preintegrated then contact me by PM.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem at the installation : "couldn't install the selected language".

I'd like to get Vista Home Premium in French but English is only working.

So I've tried to integrate language pack but vLite said that it is already integrated ????

Can anyone help me ?

jussiv, if those languages were not integrated with vLite then it is the Slipstream issue. Since it is not MS supported it is expected from it to fail of there is so much languages prior integration.

If you use vLite to integrate languages try to keep it down to few.

Maigret, so does that mean you do have French already in? How was it integrated?

Yes French language is already integrated by default when I copied the DVD (Anytime Upgrade multilingual). I believe it is the SP1 which generate the error "couldn't install the selected language" because when I make a DVD of Vista without SP1 it works fine. :wacko: