Help with portable programs

i have a couple portable programs, and what i typically do when i install windows is put the folder in program files, then put a shortcut to the .exe in my start menu...

is there anyway i can have nlite do this for me? thanks

nope, nlite cant do that for u ...

but u can try go to the addon section and read the tutorials there...and create your own addons.

aww, k thank you anyways

umm, could i make a .bat to copy files from the oem folder to my program files, and a premade shortcut to my start menu?

could i make a .bat to copy files from the oem folder to my program files, and a premade shortcut to my start menu?

You can create shortcut by using a vbs script or Shortcut.exe.

can you help me with this by chance?

my msn is brasssmunkye@gmail.com

or if you have xfire thats even better

(in which case my xfire is brasssmunky)

can you help me with this by chance?

my msn is brasssmunkye@gmail.com

or if you have xfire thats even better

(in which case my xfire is brasssmunky)

Try the easy way:

Make a folder called $Progs inside of $OEM$ dir and put your applications there (each of them inside a folder, like in Program Files when are installed.)

Create $OEM$\$$\system32 and copy Shortcut.exe file from link provided in my previous post inside.

Add the commands to create shortcuts for your applications in Unattended->RunOnce section of nLite.

Examples:

shortcut.exe /f:"%userprofile%\Desktop\NetMeter.lnk" /a:c /t:"%programfiles%\NetMeter\NetMeter.exe" /w:"%programfiles%\NetMeter" /r:1

shortcut.exe /f:"%userprofile%\Start Menu\NetMeter.lnk" /a:c /t:"%programfiles%\NetMeter\NetMeter.exe" /w:"%programfiles%\NetMeter" /r:1

shortcut.exe /f:"%userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\NetMeter.lnk" /a:c /t:"%programfiles%\NetMeter\NetMeter.exe" /w:"%programfiles%\NetMeter" /r:1

shortcut.exe /f:"%allusersprofile%\Desktop\NetMeter.lnk" /a:c /t:"%programfiles%\NetMeter\NetMeter.exe" /w:"%programfiles%\NetMeter" /r:1

shortcut.exe /f:"%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\NetMeter.lnk" /a:c /t:"%programfiles%\NetMeter\NetMeter.exe" /w:"%programfiles%\NetMeter" /r:1

shortcut.exe /f:"%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\NetMeter.lnk" /a:c /t:"%programfiles%\NetMeter\NetMeter.exe" /w:"%programfiles%\NetMeter" /r:1

shortcut.exe /f:"%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\NetMeter.lnk" /a:c /t:"%programfiles%\NetMeter\NetMeter.exe" /w:"%programfiles%\NetMeter" /r:1

Edited by radix