nlite suggested improvment

MRGCAV

I suggest you rearrange the order in which you create a complication.

Current order is:

1. Service packs

2. Hotfiixes, Addons & update packs

3. Drivers

4. Remove Components

5. Unattended

6. Options

7. Tweaks

8. Bootable ISO

I suggest you install the Drivers last. This way one could create a base copy and use it with different drivers. The base copy would contain all the Service packs, options and tweaks. But the final copy would only contain the necessary drivers. This would reduce complication time significantly.

1. Service packs

2. Hotfiixes, Addons & update packs

3. Tweaks

4. Remove Components

5. Unattended

6. Options

7. Drivers

8. Bootable ISO

Also the update packs , or the addons should be its own separate step.

Let me know what you think.

MRGCAV@Gmail.com

in this case, i would even go further, -

you shouldn't even use nlite for the driver part,

even though nuhi did do a great job, its not the best (imho) possible solution,

here is what i do,

slip servicepacks,

slip updates and stuf,

remove all drivers and some other components,

aply tweeks and unattend

---- quite nlite

save your nlite-ed source,

slipstream drivers with driverpacks.net

create iso and burn.

MRGCAV, drivers are integrated last, check the processing page, not how the pages are sorted for the user.

Essentially it is like integrate drivers first so that by the time you are at the components page you know which drivers to remove.

-I-, integrate 100 instead of one? What are you smoking.

save your nlite-ed source,

slipstream drivers with driverpacks.net

create iso and burn.

Small problem with suggestion of yours.

1. Too much bloat.

3. Only 32bit, 32bit is past, 64bit is future.

4. It's too much bloat,takes bloated harddrive space and registry sizes, makes installation take forever, and its too much bloat.

Afaik driverpacks support should have started in 2006 but they totally forgot about it/didnt care.

Would otherwise be a nice thing, if you're lazy.

Screw 64 bit untill they get it fixed.

Why in the hell do I want 2 sets of everything installed? Just to run some faster hardware and loose compatability with a lot of apps?

I have tried 64 XP, 64 2003 and 64 Vista ultimate, The ALL suck right from the box. After tweaking they ended up being faster but like I said you loose the use of alot of apps and games.

It's like running a Mac.

Screw 64 bit untill they get it fixed.

Why in the hell do I want 2 sets of everything installed? Just to run some faster hardware and loose compatability with a lot of apps?

I have tried 64 XP, 64 2003 and 64 Vista ultimate, The ALL suck right from the box. After tweaking they ended up being faster but like I said you loose the use of alot of apps and games.

It's like running a Mac.

Lol, I dont have a single one compability issue here on x64 xp. If i were to find myself wanting to use a 16bit program, i'd either find a newer alternative or play a more recent game, or if it was a really old game and i was feeling nostalgic, which wouldnt happen as i need winuae for that anyway,lol,

i'd use an emulator or what not instead of being stuck with 32bit.

Less chance of viruses, ability to use lots and lots of lovely RAM, all newer games and apps take advantage of more ram.

Photoshop is just not the same wo large texture support. As far as 2 of everything, just delete stuff you dont need, thats what nlite is for. Doh!

Small problem with suggestion of yours.

1. Too much bloat.

3. Only 32bit, 32bit is past, 64bit is future.

4. It's too much bloat,takes bloated harddrive space and registry sizes, makes installation take forever, and its too much bloat.

Bloat is in the eye (CD space?) of the beholder...To me (and this is what I did), adding the compressed (7z) files to the CD, and having them be instqalled isn't that big a deal - especially to get the majority of the drivers. Sure, I left off video and sound - easy enough to DL later, but the others are worth it (to me).

Basically, I do everything up to the ISO creation, then run the base DP installer to manipulate the files. For the "unattended" stuff, you do need to go in a clean the winnt.sif file a bit if you want to allow access to the "recovery console options", but no big deal...

Anyway, like I said - "different strokes..."

Scott

Lol, I dont have a single one compability issue here on x64 xp. If i were to find myself wanting to use a 16bit program, i'd either find a newer alternative or play a more recent game, or if it was a really old game and i was feeling nostalgic, which wouldnt happen as i need winuae for that anyway,lol,

i'd use an emulator or what not instead of being stuck with 32bit.

Less chance of viruses, ability to use lots and lots of lovely RAM, all newer games and apps take advantage of more ram.

Photoshop is just not the same wo large texture support. As far as 2 of everything, just delete stuff you dont need, thats what nlite is for. Doh!

I am talking straight out of the box not post tweaks. The same way your average user would recieve and use it.

Going way off topic, but nice topic anyway, suggest we either stop here or start new thread =) I see your point Kels.

I also see that Right out of the box you say, i have my portable emulators already setup and ready to go anyway. As in no installs, no sweat.