Vista Picture Thumbnails

metalboy

I am having trouble with these Vista thumbnails. I know I can turn off thumbnails for all Icons. I want thumbnails to be shown for pictures I do not want to see a thumbnail for pdfs dwg and everything else. Does anyone know if this is possible? I would settle for disabling the desktop thumbnails if possible.

I realize I can turn off ALL thumbnails, I don't want that. I want thumbnails for pictures, not all my other files. I want pdfs to show the icon not a thumbnail of the actual file. In XP you had the option to display files as icons and certain folders that housed pictures you could choose display as thumbnails. Vista only lets you choose thumbnails for the entire computer or not as far as I know.

I realize I can turn off ALL thumbnails, I don't want that. I want thumbnails for pictures, not all my other files. I want pdfs to show the icon not a thumbnail of the actual file. In XP you had the option to display files as icons and certain folders that housed pictures you could choose display as thumbnails. Vista only lets you choose thumbnails for the entire computer or not as far as I know.

I know it's possible by deleting some keys in registry