Couple of questions

Hi,

I came about nLite and customizing Windows about a few days ago and downloaded a couple on Application addons with .cab extensions. But now WPI seems to look a better choice. So since I've downloaded most of the app addons that I wanted, can I use the same addons for WPI? or do I need to extract the .cab files and use only the .exe files?

The other question is how do I input serial numbers for purchased softwares using WPI?

http://www.msfn.org/board/tool-addons2wpi-...er-t113992.html <-- This will actually convert MOST of those addons right into WPI.

As for the serial it depends on the app. ALOT can be done by simply checking the registry and finding the entry for that app. Some you can tell the serial with the switches (Like nero) Others simply can't be done without extra-difficult scripting like auto-it.

I can't really elaborate too much without knowing what apps you are trying to add.

There is like 10 different ways offf adding the serial and 100,000 apps and not all of them even use any of those ways so you just have to tell me what apps and I will tell you how to find the info. Then hopefully you will learn some of it from doing it.

P.S. The application installs section tells you exactly the steps for most apps. Just go into that section and click on "search" (It's on the top right area.) then enter the progs name. From there the first couple of threads that start with the progs name usually tell you the info.

My MSN addy for chat is kelsenellenelvian @ hotmail . com <-- Of course remove the spaces. I am wide awake and able to help now if you have the time....

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian