Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 - Silent Install Problem

shauntr

Hi,

I'm having some problems installing MS Visual Studio 2005. I have followed the microsoft guide from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812820/en-us. Gone through the Admin Mode, created the ini file, copied all the files to the Network etc.

When I run the install command \\server\share\path to setup /unattendfile path to unattend.ini Setup launches silently and installs some files into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio & C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8. In total about 60Mb, then exits.

When I check Event Viewer App log it states Product: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU -- Installation completed successfully. It is definitely NOT on the system.

I have checked the logs for the install in %temp%. The log is attached. Near the bottom it states that Windows Installer 3.1 had a fatal error during installation error 1603. This I assume is whats causing my problem but I don't know how to fix it.

I am trying to install this onto a machine running Windows XP with SP3. I have run the install manually and it worked fine.

I would really appreciate any help as it's begining to annoy me now!!!

Thanks

Shaun :huh:

VS_2005_Log.txt

• 2 weeks later...