asistance

rafraf

helo all

so i want to install sp3 over my xp.

i get an error from the setup operation ,googling it goes

to dead end, meaning i cant install sp3.

ok so how about i make a cd from xp and xp3 with nlite , so i can reinstall xp and choose ugrade instead ?

ok , i go trying to do that.

but then the image size is bigger then a cd and can only feet on a DVD

Why Nlite does not help me create a WORKING BOOTable DVD WITH WINDOWS XP SP3 ??

it create a trash is file that i cant do anything with ,becasue its not working on a dvd there for can not be aplied on a dvd , making the whole spleepstreaming worthless.

wake up people and make Nlite fast and easy creating AUTOMATIC BOOTABLE DVD for XP SP3.

:angry:

i think comment here was uncalled for ... perhaps, it would be better to present your issues objectively and provide more details so we can help you ... there are lots of folks out here readily willing to help for free if asked the correct Qs

Edited by Kiki Burgh

i think comment here was uncalled for ... perhaps, it would be better to present your issues objectively and provide more details so we can help you ... there are lots of folks out here readily willing to help for free if asked the correct Qs

totally agree with you there... more info needed and what are you adding to make the disc so big?

wake up people and make Nlite fast and easy creating AUTOMATIC BOOTABLE DVD for XP SP3.

:angry:

I think you should wake up and first learn about the free tool you are unsuccessfuly trying to use. Also learn the basic of forum rules, like choosing a decent title for your thread. As a first post, I would describe this as a request to be flamed.

Yes you are Absolutely right , I apologize for the tone, after releasing the frastration i feel better.

why when i am creating an image biger then a standart cd size i dont get any alert from Nlite ?

why there is no automatic configuration to create bootablr dvd and not a cd for xp ?

i am using VOL Disk of xp pro plus Mui two language install.

sorry again for the stormy entrance... :blushing:

It will make the image for xp no matter what the size of the folder is. It is up to you to be smart enough to use a dvd or cd when you stick the disk in your burner.

I suggest you manuallly remove the unneded folders first (See explanation of them here --> http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/57/ )

Now how did you add the MUI and SP files for integration?

You have had to have stuffed up something because with 2 mui's and sp3 you still would not have gone over 700 megs.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

the iso created for a cd can not be applied on a DVD. its not compatible, (tried with Nero and others)

i dont want to take anything out, if ever i want to add more to have many aplication installed as possible.

but at this stage i will be setisfied if i can create an iso that will boot from dvd

OK lets still back up a bit.

1 = Take an ORIGNAL non-modified XP source.

2 = Copy that to the harddrive in a folder called XP (Whatever you want to name it)

3 = Run nLite and point it to the XP source folder you just made, Select these options - service pack, hotfixes and bootable iso.

4 = Click next and select the SP3 for integration.

5 = Click next and select the 2 mui packs for integration.

6 = Click next and allow nlite to proccess your disk.

7 = Check your source folder size. If less than 700 megs then grab a blank cd, if more grab a blank DVD.

8 = Select DIRECT BURN!!!

9 = Test in a virtual enviroment. (Virtualbox, VMware or virtualPC)

10 = Format PC.....

the iso created for a cd can not be applied on a DVD. its not compatible, (tried with Nero and others)

i dont want to take anything out, if ever i want to add more to have many aplication installed as possible.

but at this stage i will be setisfied if i can create an iso that will boot from dvd

have you considered the possibility that nLite does not SUCK, but in fact you just lack the basic knowledge to burn an ISO? Maybe you should google "creating an iso for dummies" before you come on here flaming a free program that works perfectly for thousands of others who DO possess the basic knowledge to burn a DVD ISO....

I have no issues buring the nLite ISO to DVD and nLite is probably the best free program I have come across in decades.

AWESOME JOB NUHI!