Minimal install for HP x64.

MarkJohnson

Is there a pre-configured profile made to auto-select all the safe to remove options to make Vista as small as possible while keeping Vista functional. I just play games and surf the net plus email, but not much else.

I'm not sure what to remove/keep and was hoping that if I chose remove all that it would know to keep enough automatically to let Vista run.

Sorry if this has been covered, but search gave me nothing useful.

-=Mark=-

You could consider removing the big stuff to at least slim the size of the iso down. But if you simply disable/deactivate services inside vista, you will be just fine performance wise with that computer you got. Windows search, languages you dont want, sample media, perhaps screensavers?

Everything can be vital at some point, so nothing can really safely be removed, you will be able to remove most things in vlite without losing too much functionality. Keeping IE core services, task scheduler, windows managment instrumentation, stuff like that you shouldnt touch.

Information on vista services you can read on black viper's site, eldergeek, tweakhound etc. Not much of an answear, but truth be told, it would take a lot of time to figure out what would fit you perfectly, anyone for that matter.