Setup CD missing files after nlite?

iamxyj

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. :hello:

Today I tried to reinstall XP on my old laptop and made an installation CD with SP3 slipstreamed and some tweaks and with the "provide defaults" option in automated setup. When I tried to install, all goes well until the part where setup starts copying files from the CD. This is the part right after you tell setup to format the drive you intend on install XP on. Anyway, a whole bunch of files are missing and I tried skipping one or two (ESC button) but about half of the files were missing. Then I thought there's no way that's suppose to happen, so I popped in my original version of XP (without SP3 slipstream or tweaks or anything) to see if its my laptop that's broken or my nLite CD. I restarted the process and setup worked perfectly with my original CD.

So I thought maybe it's because of the CD burning program, so I burned the slipstreamed image with another program to see if that helps--nope, same thing happens.

Then I thought maybe it's because of the tweaks and automated setup and whatnot. So I made another ISO with nLite, but this time with ONLY SP3 slipstream + bootable ISO. No tweaks. No automated setup. No removed bloatness. I burned the image with InfraRecorder and now the setup is working perfectly.

Could someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks! :rolleyes:

I tried burning with slower speed (4x). It's most likely not the media because after I slipstreamed sp3 again with no tweaks, i burned it using max speed on the same type of cd and it worked perfectly. I haven't tried burning using nlite but it's probably not the burning program's fault either. This is pretty weird...

I tried burning with slower speed (4x). It's most likely not the media because after I slipstreamed sp3 again with no tweaks, i burned it using max speed on the same type of cd and it worked perfectly. I haven't tried burning using nlite but it's probably not the burning program's fault either. This is pretty weird...

I always get problems installing if I use Nero to burn the finished image. The solution for me was really easy. I use iso recorder to burn out the image.

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm