IE8 not removed

sacharja

I've got a WinXP folder with all integrated patches/programs and SP3 (thus it's too much work to do it again). I also integrated IE8, but now I want to remove it and only keep the core. But nLite is removing nothing, there's the desktop icon, the folder in program files, the tray icon, some entries within the start menu and probably many registry keys.

I tested it nLite v1.4.5. Will this be fixed in future versions?

"fixed" ?

nLite is made for XP, not for whatever you throw at it. I don't even think it would remove IE7.

"too much work to do it again", ..you are redoing a cd anyway, get your ini files together and there you go.

HAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHH OMG

Translation:

"I stupidly integrated an APLHA software and now nLite will not remove it!" (Or dl'ed a premade XP and tried to remove it)

"Now I am to lazy to do it again, Even though all I would have todo is select the last session and not choose IE8 this time"

HAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHH OMG

Translation:

"I stupidly integrated an APLHA software and now nLite will not remove it!" (Or dl'ed a premade XP and tried to remove it)

"Now I am to lazy to do it again, Even though all I would have todo is select the last session and not choose IE8 this time"

Actually I didn't "accidentally" integrate it, and it's not ALPHA software neither. You may check your facts before making fun of people :o

I integrated it because it's safer than IE7, to make it even more safe and to keep space I want to remove the GUI and keep only the IE core for casual windows updates.

nLite removes IE7 GUI, so I assume it should be working with IE8, too when it's finally released. Without considering that IE updates more files than just the browser engine, it also updates the the image viewer and many more system files and should always be up to date. Many programs use IE Core and the many other elements that are bundled with the setup, thus it's always a risk to use an older version (even if another browser is used).

As for the lazy part: I did 5 different installations in my VM to figure out how to remove the GUI, but I want to avoid using my orginal cd that even is without SP1 and all my optional software. Therefore my question if something is planed for the future.

Edited by sacharja

and it's not ALPHA software neither..

...so I assume it should be working with IE8, too when it's finally released.

what would you call that then? alpha/beta. anything that isnt a final release?

besides you should be using firefox instead :thumbup