Hello: From the InfamousOne

Hello, I am new to this forum and I just wanted to say hello. I work for the University of Michigan as a Desktop Support Tech and have been there for about 6 years now.

I am currently trying to learn more about software packaging. I started out on the nLite website and created and tested some unattended installations to make life easier at home. I managed to create a batch file to install MSOffice silently by using the [GUIRUNONCE] in the WINNT.SIF file.

MSOffice was easy enough, but I am stumbling on getting other programs to install unattended and I am finding out about all the different types of installers that are out there.

At work, there is a repackaging group that uses Wise Packaging, but I don't have access to that type of software. I tried another multiset software and it seems to create it's own MST file, but for some reason, it will not step through the install. I can get FireFox to start but it does not finish. So I am looking for help on how to create my own custom unattended install for all kinds of software.

It will make life easier at home and it would be great to learn at this point in my career because I am looking for a change.

Look forward to getting more help here.