Help required :-(

nemesis01

When I right click on my XP SP3 desktop, the 'view' and 'arrange icons by' menu options are gone for some reason, however they show fine in directory opus, can't think what has caused this so would like to hear any suggestions.

Also when using regular explorer instead of dopus, doing a mouseover on any folder on c or d drive does not bring up a tooltip anymore, again in dopus it is fine.

And yes, I was having these problems before installing dopus so I can rule that out as a possible cause.

Now also removed dopus and still not working for explorer.:(

-Edit, managed to fix my right click menu with a registry entry, still can't get the info-tip balloons to show when hovering on any folder.:(

Edited by nemesis01

• 1 month later...

How did you fix the desktop-right-click "view" menu item missing problem? What registry key (it will help others that have a similar problem)? I can't remember if that menu item existed for me so I can't say if it disappeared after I installed SP3. However, I still have the "Arrange Icons by".

And the tooltips on mouse hover still works for me for folders and files in explorer.