Having to choose boot.ini file (Close please problem fixed)

m176244

Long story short every time I start my pc I have to choose which ini file to boot up with 1 labeled Media Center and the 2nd XP Pro .They are both Windows Media Center just to clarify a while back I played an online MMORPG and they had a big bug in their game updater that caused my boot.ini file to delete/corrupt,after I restarted obviously windows wouldn't load so I had to rebuild my ini file from my os cd.However now when I start I have to choose between which 1 to boot up with and obviously I don't want to boot up with the 1 that fails to load.How can I set it to auto choose which 1 to boot from? or can someone tell me where to go to find and delete the bad one?

bootup.jpg

Theres an image of both of the boot up settings when I typed bootcfg in the command box.Any help is appreciated and if i've left anything out that you need to know please ask its annoying having to choose each time (when you've got free time its this stuff that really ticks me off!)

Edited by m176244

Open your "boot.ini" and change it so it looks like this:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Thanks for your reply and I managed to fix it thanks to google,I just deleted the string that showed up the option of which to use so now it boots staright from the working ini file.