Which S-ATA / RAID drivers for my P5N32-E SLi nForce680i to intergrate

RamGuy

Hi,

I've been trying to intergrate the RAID drivers for my ASUS P5N32-E SLi nForce680i motherboard onto my Windows Server 2008 64bit disk.

The S-ATA drivers work, if I use Fernandos packages at nForceHQ, but the RAID drivers don't see my RAID-0 setup..

I've tried with all the three packages which Fernando has been making over at nForceHQ as well with the latest "official" ones directly from the nVidia.com site. But non of them are able to see my RAID setup.

There are just two things I can do, 1#: Not remove the nVidia RAID drivers that exist on the Server 2008 64bit by default, 2#: Load in the drivers which exist on the Striker Extreme DVD.

The problem is, if I use the default drivers (in other words don't remove them with vLite) I'm not able to install new RAID drivers after booting up the system, because that results in a bluescreen..

And the same thing happens if I use the darn old drivers that are on the Striker Extreme DVD.

So I'm looking for somewhat "new" drivers which I actually can intergrate (or at least have on a USB drive) which will see my RAID setup, but so far none have worked.

Any suggestions for which one to use? (Server 2008 64bit and Vista SP1 64bit got the same drivers, if you didn't already know)

Hi,

So I'm looking for somewhat "new" drivers which I actually can intergrate (or at least have on a USB drive) which will see my RAID setup, but so far none have worked.

Any suggestions for which one to use? (Server 2008 64bit and Vista SP1 64bit got the same drivers, if you didn't already know)

If they are text mode drivers, as far as I know, you can't yet integrate them, as you can in nLite. To get around the problem, I remove all of the storage device drivers in vLite, and right before I have vLite burn the final disc, I place my drivers in the root of the vLite disc temp folder. This way, when you come to the disc controller driver section of the installer, you need only to hit the "scan" button, and the installer will pick them up...no need for a USB stick.

Edited by Bilar Crais