XP Sp3 problems

premier4ever

hello everyone, i used nlite 1.4.5 final to add windows xp sp3 to my corporate version, and i've noticed that when i first boot up, the setup process asks me for the windows xp sp3 installation disk.

i tried and tried doing this many times and many ways .. the only way the installation worked fine is when i didnt add the winnt.sif file to the installation plus didnt slipstream any addons or IE7 or wmp11.

i also noticed that removing any thing like the languages or any other stuff that are safe to be removed cuases the same problem.

i got the final release of sp3.

please guys can anyone help about this :wacko:

I did all the required patchs, and that didnt help. so i started another process and i've added some addons and removed some stuff and it worked under testing ( Parallels Workstation ).

I've tried to add wmp11 to the modified installation and the WMP11 Slipstreamer gave me errors, i've added IE7 and im doing the testing right now but from inside windows ( Upgrade ) maybe it will work.

I'm in need for help in the 2 matters, adding wmp11 and the unattended installation using winnt.sif coz i cant do the oem and wpi without using the unattended switch in winnt.sif

I appreciate your help all.

best regards,,,

http://img170.imagevenue.com/img.php?image...1_122_790lo.JPG

this after i added the winnt.sif file

Edited by premier4ever

Ok, after alot of testing and alot of working to solve this problem i found that the winnt.sif worked fine :blink: .

It turned out to be adding any folder of the following to the root of the CD makes the previously mentioned error:

1. $oem$

2. dontnetfx

3. wpi

Things worked fine either on a fresh or an upgrade install with IE7 integrated. so now how can i fix this problem.

i appreciate all the help.

http://img210.imagevenue.com/img.php?image...2_122_505lo.JPG

That first error can also be from not adding a key root files like win51ip.SP3 or win51ip.SP2.

What is the second question?

The win51ip.sp3 and win51ip.sp2 are present, the second Q was how can i add the dotnetfx and wpi folders to the root of the cd, so the installation doesnt ask my for the installation disk in drive A.

please refer to the image in my previous reply