Multimedia Class Scheduler

Legolash2o

Seems that my theory is correct, it only affects onboard sound if its removed :P

Anyone agree?

Yes, looks like it.

The info in vLite should be updated saying that removing mcs only affects onboard sound.

Please note, if you also remove dependency for the windows audio endpoint service, you can stop it and disable it as well.

Audio will still work! The less services required for vista to run properly, the better imho.

I just tested windows sounds themes, and sound themes works ok apparently.

Cool? Perhaps this info could be added to post #1.

Please note, if you also remove dependency for the windows audio endpoint service, you can stop it and disable it as well.

Audio will still work! The less services required for vista to run properly, the better imho.

Sounds good B)

How do you remove the dependencies?

Sounds good B)

How do you remove the dependencies?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AudioSrv

note:

From there, select DependOnService, and remove dependencies there. NB: First STOP services, (audio service will stop too, as it thinks currently it needs mmcs and wapb, but once dependencies are removed it will happily start without them)then set them to disabled or manual, before removing dependencies. I have only tested some games and windows sound themes. Vista runs without these two services just fine!! How's that for bloat? =)) There are lots more thats safe to remove on dependencies, but trying to stay on topic =)

It should look like this after removing both (notice that there is a EMPTY line after the Rpcss service, i dont know if u need to have it, but it's there on default so..) If someone would like to do some benching on before and after, that would be cool.

post-91607-1211150703_thumb.gif

Edited by TranceEnergy

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AudioSrv

note:

From there, select DependOnService, and remove dependencies there. NB: First STOP services, (audio service will stop too, as it thinks currently it needs mmcs and wapb, but once dependencies are removed it will happily start without them)then set them to disabled or manual, before removing dependencies. I have only tested some games and windows sound themes. Vista runs without these two services just fine!! How's that for bloat? =)) There are lots more thats safe to remove on dependencies, but trying to stay on topic =)

It should look like this after removing both (notice that there is a EMPTY line after the Rpcss service, i dont know if u need to have it, but it's there on default so..) If someone would like to do some benching on before and after, that would be cool.

I just tested this, everything works great, music, spdif out and so on. No problems what so ever.

Would you mind pming or posting a link or something for more info about those other dependencies that's safe to remove :)

I'm getting really interested here :)

Depending on what you want or need for vista to function, you can get it down a lot.

I'm currently in a Vista ultimate x64 sp1 msdn version, everything integrated from dreamscene to sound themes to bitlocker. Runs at a cool 20 processes, and everything is *enabled*, i havent removed sh*t, everything is there. So if there ever will come that i should need such services, i still have them =) As far as finding what services u can safely remove dependencies etc, i think u are on your own. I have made 4-6 network services disabled safely, and can still surf lan and internet. Good sites to read on what services are doing in windows, i mostly think eldergeek.com first and blackviper second. But mostly i just use the info displayed in the msc console itself, ie services.msc. Now maybe i should do a backup before i tweak it too much =) Oh and get rid of the bloody keyboard layouts. Took half a second off here =)

11+ ppl saying no in the poll. Apparently the red warning in vlite scares people =) Not good..

Edited by TranceEnergy

TranceEnergy, and you will just ignore what MagicAndre1981 and I said, that it is needed for onboard. There is more people using onboard than dedicated cards. Updating description is maximum I can do for this dangerous component. Vista does not have direct hardware access to the soundcard but Creative has it's own bloated driver that solves that latency issue.

TranceEnergy, and you will just ignore what MagicAndre1981 and I said, that it is needed for onboard. There is more people using onboard than dedicated cards. Updating description is maximum I can do for this dangerous component. Vista does not have direct hardware access to the soundcard but Creative has it's own bloated driver that solves that latency issue.

I dont understand what you are talking about?! I'm sorry, but i am using onboard sound as well.

Also computer browser,file sharing etc, all running without them other new network list and whatnot, totally utterly crap services added only for fancy pancy map functions for lan. I might be going always a bit further in some conversations, but i swear, this totally works on my onboard anyway.

It's also a micro-atx mainboard, so it aint that fancy, its actually quite cheap about the same as 3 good pints =)

Also, I dont ignore anything, well if im not drunk, but i havent been in these conversations i think =) I have been tweaking computers since forever. Heck my xp boots at 8 seconds with file sharing and all. Still it doesnt beat my amiga 1200 thats boots in 5seconds from powering on computer!

Cheers!

post-91607-1211200371_thumb.png

Edited by TranceEnergy

TranceEnergy, no reason to feel attacked, I am simply saying you can't ignore us who say that the service is needed, otherwise the sounds crackles during heavy CPU utilization. If it works for you remove it but I gotta keep the warning.

If computer's cpu is heavily utililzed when playing off video, then the computer most likely never should have run vista in the first place.

I take it this is a joke? Seriously, i have a 700mhz duron cpu, it doesnt bloody complain. If you guys are running vista on p2-350mhz and are reporting to nuhi that it doesnt work to remove this service, seriously, vista wasnt made for that crap.

I went to creative.com website and the last driver that i could find for the live card was from 2007, and it was 1.04.0065 which differed from the previous beta from 2006 which was 01.04.0055 . Does it look like creative is thinking they need to support such products?

Well does it? As for the Via soundchip driver, a company who doesnt even own its own name online. Well darn', i cant even think of what to respond to that. I guess i didnt know Vlite was a tool to make vista work for windows 98 hardware. =)

In the end, for most computers, made for vista, i have tried ac97, realtek hd audio, x-fi xtreme, with low end cpu, with high end, and taking into consideration that realtek is by far, the mother&father of most onboard anything on any motherboard, it will probably work without them.

The computer doesnt do errors, people do.

Just for your information, not everyone uses vLite so vista run faster.... i use vLite because i don't like having things i don't need, i hate junk. I got a Quad-Core n 4TB of hdd space, full vista runs fine but i just really hate junk. So please don't be as hostile.

Edited by LegoLiam™

Just for your information, not everyone uses vLite so vista run faster.... i use vLite because i don't like having things i don't need, i hate junk. I got a Quad-Core n 4TB of hdd space, full vista runs fine but i just really hate junk. So please don't be as hostile.

same here, i hate junk stuffs filled up in vista iso. my system spec is very similar to yours, and have no problem on a normal vista install. but i prefer removing junk stuffs from vista x64 with vlite. thanks to NUHI for his awesome vlite. seriously because of vlite vista is good or else its just a junk OS with sluggish performance.

btw i am migrating to server 2008 x64 from vista. had enough of vista sp1 problems eg. overall system performance, specially file copy issue still after sp1, not fully stable and so on...

server 2k8 with Multimedia schedular removed did the trick for me when copying files, and is much faster and stable compare to vista

this is a great topic (thanks to you LegoLiam), and it helped me speed things up a little by removing Multimedia schedular, which i never did remove in the past because it was an extreme option.