Multimedia Class Scheduler

Legolash2o

My point is that it will prolly work for most modern hardware and perhaps not for legacy hardware. This is internet, and that you can say that i have a tone is to put it mildly a bit weird, all language barriers put aside, considering not even that.

If you are not used to discussing things openly and don't like it that i can show readers that it indeed does work to disable the wapb service as well, so that other people can get a system more to their liking, then nor do i understand you. Disabling both services works for me and only difference so far from what i have experienced is that the sound enviroment effects are gone. However all the other effects are still useable, not that i use them anyway.Why you think i am being hostile, instead of excited is far beyond me.There's a difference you know.

Legoliam: Good for you. Talking about how much harddrive space you have is ok i guess.

edit: it's kinda disappointing you couldnt see that i'm simply happy for nailing one more service on the removal list. On what possible grounds should i be hostile for?

Also for those of you experiencing problems with audio sound after or before even dealing with audio services, try and run DPC Latency checker to see whether or not your system has dpc problems, which could be a part of the problem with audio 'tickles' and such.

Edited by TranceEnergy

TranceEnergy calm down your going a bit too deep..lol. :P

anyways am sure Microsoft did put this multimedia class scheduler for a reason on vista, and obviously nuhi has more experience than any of us here discussing this. Nuhi has a point for making this extreme, its for overall safety for people who MIGHT experience problems by removing this component.

if its all good and working after removing this component then you go ahead.

multimedia class scheduler is labeled extreme, because am sure nuhi wants people to use vlite with confident knowing it wont mess things up after using vlite.

Edited by shahed26

Disabling Multimedia Class Scheduler caused stuttering for me (Realtek AC97) :thumbdown

However as a consolation prize, I followed TranceEnergy's instructions and was able to disable Windows Audio Endpoint Builder with no ill effects so far :thumbup

If this is causing you stuttering, can i ask what cpu you have? You might want to check into tweaking critical worker threads, i use the maximum, that is safely known as 16. Its 0 at default, which either means 0 or automatic, lol.

There are many things that could cause stuttering, but just because these two services are disabled/removed, i dont think necessarily that is the culprit. Vista is a bloody all purpose thing. I went into the Group Policy editor and came across the hybrid disk cache settings.

As i dont have any SSD disks, i disabled the whole lot, and enjoyed a little bit faster boot =)

Thank you for trying this folks, much appreciated! ;D

Disabling Multimedia Class Scheduler caused stuttering for me (Realtek AC97) :thumbdown

However as a consolation prize, I followed TranceEnergy's instructions and was able to disable Windows Audio Endpoint Builder with no ill effects so far :thumbup

Try importing the following code into your registry and reboot.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Audiosrv]
"Start"=dword:00000002
"DependOnService"=hex(7):52,00,70,00,63,00,53,00,73,00,00,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MMCSS]
"Start"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AudioEndpointBuilder]
"Start"=dword:00000004

copy and paste into a plain text document, save and change extension from .txt to .reg then import (double click)

Please post results. !!

I think cable loco is referring to registry changes to stop/disable the services. But you must also remove the dependencies in order for everyything to work, that is sound. If you are running overclocked system and reporting things dont work, you shouldnt do that. A system can be prime stable 3dmark stable etc even if its overclocked, doesnt mean it will run perfect in every way.

I have successfully forced system into stuttering when playing back video.

I managed to get system stuttering when compressing a 10GB+ vista image at 500 000+ files, while installing server 2008 uncchanged in Vmware, and utilizing 400 connections in utorrent, and upgrading firmware on my dvd burner while also playing back 1080dp movie.

Since Vlite (and its pkg manager) only utilizes 1 cpu core, no matter if u got a quad even!, everything ocurred one 1 cpu core.

However, having both MMCS and WAPB service enabled and active doesnt help stuttering at all. In fact, disabling/enabling the WAPB service is where i could notice difference, as audio volume was lowered, and latency of sound increased a bit. Also DPC latency checker gave them thumbs down.

So for me it doesnt help having these services enabled, infact it increased stuttering, plus the difference from having WAPB service disabled is so refreshing in regard to system delay of sound.

On a sidenote, starting up quake 3 at dedicated on core 1 (or core "2" if u will, cores are counted from 0,1,2,3 for a quad), went happily along with it when extra audio services disabled.

Definitively keeping them off here.

Just for your information, not everyone uses vLite so vista run faster.... i use vLite because i don't like having things i don't need, i hate junk. I got a Quad-Core n 4TB of hdd space, full vista runs fine but i just really hate junk. So please don't be as hostile.

Same here, I just don't like stuff to be as extremely bloated as it is. If the slimmed-down stuff runs faster, that's a nice plus on top of it.