Color Laser Printer

rendrag

hey fellas,

looking for your suggestions regarding color laser printer. It seems that there aren't many independent review sites doing much with color lasers recently, so finding a suitable laser is more difficult.

we're looking for something like this: Xerox Phaser 8560, but I'm not necessarily tied to a particular brand as long as it works.

what do you guys use at your places of business? Ones I should look at, Ones I should stay away from?

Thanks for the excellent help as always

I say stay away from HP Color Laserjet 2605 at all costs. Where I work we bought three of them at once and within in a couple of months all three of them had to be sent out for repair work. Although I think HP just recently discotinued that model. When I say recently as recent as the last two weeks. So some sellers may still have some sitting on the shelves and as far as I'm concerned that's where they should stay. I haven't worked much with this brand but I was talking to a tech and he said Ricoh is a good brand to go with. Their cheaper than the competition and work great.

HPs color laser printers suck. They're dog slow compared to almost everyone elses, they break easier and the warranty doesn't cover as much as you might think.

I've switched over to buying Dell laser printers because their warranty seems better. So far the quality has been better as well. They're also more cost effective than HP printers, especially when you start adding features like extra paper trays, envelope feeders, additional output bins, etc. I have a Dell 5110cn in my office that I've had for a little over a year and a half. I have yet to replace any of the toner cartridges in it (granted we don't do that much color printer, but still). The 5110cn comes standard with a network connection, 128MB memory and a duplexer.

They also recently released the 3115cn MFP (printer/copier/scanner/fax) but I have no direct experience with it.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

I have 6 of the Phaser 8400 and 8500 series printers around and have had no problems with them over the 4 years they have been installed. If you wath Xerox's website you will find they put out a rebate on them about every 2 months for $300.

I say stay away from HP Color Laserjet 2605 at all costs. Where I work we bought three of them at once and within in a couple of months all three of them had to be sent out for repair work. Although I think HP just recently discotinued that model. When I say recently as recent as the last two weeks. So some sellers may still have some sitting on the shelves and as far as I'm concerned that's where they should stay. I haven't worked much with this brand but I was talking to a tech and he said Ricoh is a good brand to go with. Their cheaper than the competition and work great.

lol I just ordered another one yesterday. Only got one other in the company, but I cannot say single bad thing about it. Can't compare with other brands efficiency and performance-wise, but I still think it's very decent printer, at least given the price.