Paint.net 3.31

oskingen

• 6 months later...

Unfortunately this doesn't work if you install at T13 !

I haven't found any working method to install Paint.Net at this stage. My RunOnceEx runs at this stage instead of first gui boot.

When I extract the downloaded setup file and run the setupfile inside this package without any switches, I get to see the error wich is the reason why it doesn't work:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.5.0727\mscorwks.dll cannot be loaded

Ofcourse .Net 2.0 + 3.0 + 3.5 is the first item in my RunOnceEx. But I think a restart is needed before you install any apps that require .net.

Is there a method to bypass this check?

Edited by ZileXa

hehe ok but then I would be better off to install Paint.Net @ first guiboot with my 2nd RunOnceEx (have a shrinked Office2003, never got it working @T13 so I install this with a 2nd RunOnceEx at guiboot).

.Net Framework & all other applications installed at T13 and paint.net at guiboot.

My goal is to install as many things as possible at T13 but unfortunately it's not going to work for Paint.

I also created an MSI using the CreateMsi switch but that doesn't install either.

All true,

I have an app that uses 1.1,

but I opted for the easiest solution and installed 1.1 through cmdlines.cmd @T-13 and the app through the runonceex.

Is there a reason for the preference or rather are there any added benefits to T-13 installs?

Installing everything at T13 means that your unattended installation is as good as finished at first guiboot. Wich is very nice in my opinion and gives the subjective idea that it's faster (not sure if it is really faster, but you do not really need a restart after guiboot so then it is faster).

But I still do Office, Windows activation, Driverpacks Finisher and a tool to create users at guiboot via RunOnceEx (WIHU). And now also paint.net. So there aren't any real benefits anymore. It's just "cleaner" in my opinion.

Edited by ZileXa