Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.6.2

mara-

Hey, thanks for this awesome tool... Thought I would try to help out a bit and mention that a new Office 2003 update has been released...

Heres the info:

Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB953432)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

And one more...

Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB953465)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

Edited by xenon2050

Thanks for the info, I'm sure that it will be useful for the people, because I'm working very much on new version of Slipstreamer and I don't have time to update the list. Also, I'm going on vacation next week and I'm trying to finish it so I can publish it and that you guys have something to play with.

Cheers ;)

I'm trying to slipstream Office 2007 Enterprise Edition and SP1 but it seems like nothing ever happens. The log file says files have been copied but the service pack has not been applied. Not sure what's wrong here?

Slipstream Office 2003 with SP3 worked without any problems and the CD works perfectly.

Could anybody give me some insights on how to do it with Office 2007 Enterprise Edition the slipstreaming process. I was able to do it with Expression Web to slipstream SP1 but no luck with Office 2007

thanks

BD :unsure:

Edited by BuonaDomenica

Language Polish (update to 1.6.2)

Thanks!

I'm trying to slipstream Office 2007 Enterprise Edition and SP1 but it seems like nothing ever happens. The log file says files have been copied but the service pack has not been applied. Not sure what's wrong here?

Slipstream Office 2003 with SP3 worked without any problems and the CD works perfectly.

Could anybody give me some insights on how to do it with Office 2007 Enterprise Edition the slipstreaming process. I was able to do it with Expression Web to slipstream SP1 but no luck with Office 2007

thanks

BD :unsure:

I'll check it, and see what is going on.

Thanks for this mara-

I will try this one soon ;)

You are welcome.

Cheers ;)

First of all; Great Program!

Is there a problem when running this via RunOnceEx? (Strange if it is..) When I run manually it works perfectly, but runnning via RunOnceEx, the setup seems to start and then it just stops....

Command-line: "F:\Install\MSOffice2003\SETUP.exe" /qb-! TRANSFORMS="F:\Install\MSOffice2003\OfficeEN.MST"

I've tried different cmd-line alternatives, except one without specifying transform.

When I ran this earlier with "original" setup all worked well...

Anyone who got it to work,- and how?

Hello, I'm new to this great tool and can't get it to work. I'm just trying to make a new CD of Office 2003 S&T edition with SP3 slipstreamed.

I'm using version 1.6.2 and copied the contents of my CD to a file and downloaded Office2003SP3-KB923618

I get an error almost immediately in the log that indicates a bad product key - and I've checked it repeatedly (it's also installed on another computer)

The log is:

2008-07-19 20:59:50 : Logging started.

2008-07-19 20:59:50 : -

2008-07-19 21:00:13 : Setup File Description: Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper

2008-07-19 21:00:13 : Location of Setup file: G:\Office2003\SETUP.EXE

2008-07-19 21:00:13 : Product: Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 v11.0.5614.0

2008-07-19 21:00:13 : Edition type: Retail/OEM

2008-07-19 21:00:13 : Language: English - United States

2008-07-19 21:00:13 : MSI Files: OWC10.MSI|OWC11.MSI|STD11N.MSI

2008-07-19 21:00:13 : Installation type: Standard

2008-07-19 21:01:58 : Location of service pack: G:\Office Updates\Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe

2008-07-19 21:01:58 : Selected Pack: Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)

2008-07-19 21:02:01 : Retail/OEM edition detected. Performing necessary steps to enable administrative installation creation...

2008-07-19 21:02:01 : Enabling administrative installation...

2008-07-19 21:02:04 : Finished. Administrative installation is enabled.

2008-07-19 21:02:04 : Creating Administrative install.

2008-07-19 21:02:06 : Error with creating admin install: Probably valid product key is not entered.

2008-07-19 21:02:06 : Directory size:0

2008-07-19 21:02:06 : Creation of administrative installation failed.

Can someone give me some guidance, please.

Marsha

Well, if it reports that wrong cd key is entered than the following could happen:

- You did not enter the correct key (if you have it on computer use copy-paste)

- Enabling admin install failed (even if the program said that it enabled it, in this case try again - by default admin install is not allowed by Microsoft, but tool is removing that limitation)

- You or someone else altered setup.ini located in folder FILES\SETUP and because of that program is detecting your Office as Retail/OEM, and maybe is other edition. Are you sure that displayed edition is correct?

Cheers ;)

Hello Mara,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've done some more tests, and my situation is mysterious, beyond me.

To your points:

1. The key was both copied and manually entered on multiple tries. No joy!

2. I tried 5-6 times. Nothing changed (I did all this before posting.)

3. Setup.ini wasn't altered. The folder Office 2003 was simply created by doing a copy/paste of the contents of my original MS CD. The displayed version is correct.

Now to what I've found mysterious and to make it work. Simply use the CD as the source, not the copy to my folder on the hard drive. I have no idea what's different (a compare of the two says no difference) but I am able to use your slipstreamer just fine if I use the CD, not a folder with the CD contents. Why I say it's mysterious, is I do the folder bit all the time with slipstreams to make updates of Win XP with no problems. Maybe the copy of Office 2003 requires something more than just a copy of the contents?

Thanks for the help.

-Marsha

OK, I'm glad that you solved the problem. By the explanation you gave, you maybe found a bug. I'll look into it, but I can promise that I'll fix it, since I don't have Retail version and everything depends on testing of the users.

Cheers ;)

Edit: Can you tell me what path did you use in first and second input field when your files were located on hard drive?

Edited by mara-

I understand, and I'm very thankful for you efforts (on everything, including a very useful tool).

My paths for the inputs are shown clearly in my first post (about 3 previous to this.) My output path was supposed to be G:\OfficeCD

I hope this is helpful. I'm happy to try (test) any new version at your request.

Marsha