Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.6.2

mara-

AWESOME utility... a definite "must have"...

until stumbling into this forum about a month or two ago, i've always done all my updating via AutoPatcher - http://www.autopatcher.com/

since the stumble-upon, i've been *LOVING* the whole slipstreaming, from IE7 to WMP11 to AutoIt RunOnce's...

i have a question revolving around the slipstreamed hotfixes - in a nutshell, how can i VERIFY that they've been installed...

it "might" be an AutoPatcher thing, not sure yet, but AutoPatcher says SP3 is installed, but none of the 11 hotfixes selected to have been slipstreamed...

i'm a LEGIT owner of my Office CD, but i AVOID "Microsoft Update" sites AT ALL COSTS (for the same paranoiac reasons that i "boycott" GOOGLE, lol)...

but i guess if i MUST go to Microsofts "update" site for 'verification', i guess that's an option as a LAST RESORT...

edit: forgot to mention - Office 2003 on Win XP Pro, both fully patched (aiming to "shrink" a fully-patched Office 2k3 with 'verifiable' proof that the hotfixes are 'embedded')...

Edited by MSFN-GuEsT

Great program!

Slipstreamed SP3 + hotfixes and all seems fine, but when I run setup and have one (1) mst-file in root, I still get question if I want to run custom install. Please tell me how to use a mst-file in completely silent mode. Have tried some switches but none of them are working....

Edited by NoisySniper

Great program!

Slipstreamed SP3 + hotfixes and all seems fine, but when I run setup and have one (1) mst-file in root, I still get question if I want to run custom install. Please tell me how to use a mst-file in completely silent mode. Have tried some switches but none of them are working....

If you use switches like qb, qn, qf prompt should not appear. I just tested with qb- switch and I did not get a prompt.

Cheers ;)

• 2 weeks later...
the program crashes when i try to slipstream this hotfixes: office2003-KB943985-v2-FullFile-FRA.exe

Please upload log file for me, located in root folder of tool or in root\log history folder.

Cheers ;)

EDIT: I just tried to slipstream KB943985 to my Office and no crash. I even tested with French KB943985 and not crash (I tried to slipstream into English Office and worked). Until you upload log file I can't help.

Edited by mara-

Thanks for the nice Tool.

Maybe I've found another problem, where you can help me:

Testcase:

the current drive is c:, the DVD with the created office 2003 version is in drive d:

I try to start the setup with the following commandline: "d:\office2k3\office\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS=InstFull.exe /qb- /noreboot

Your new setup-application will be started, and stoped after some seconds.

If I chnange the current drive to d: before I use the commandline it's works fine.

Maybe you can help me and find a solution to fix the problem. Thanks very much.

Edited by dkl42

well i'm sorry i must have made a mistake that caused this error.

not a great first post! :no:

but here's to you for your great program :thumbup

OK, I'm glad that you solved problem.

Thanks for the nice Tool.

Maybe I've found another problem, where you can help me:

Testcase:

the current drive is c:, the DVD with the created office 2003 version is in drive d:

I try to start the setup with the following commandline: "d:\office2k3\office\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS=InstFull.exe /qb- /noreboot

Your new setup-application will be started, and stoped after some seconds.

If I chnange the current drive to d: before I use the commandline it's works fine.

Maybe you can help me and find a solution to fix the problem. Thanks very much.

I would help, but it seems that I don't understand this part with with changing drives. Also you commandline is not correct. You can not write InstFull.exe, you need to write InstFull.mst. Maybe this is just a typo in post, but can you give me example of command line that works and that don't works for you. Also, what happens to setup, any error, do you see any windows with progress bar?

Cheers ;)

You're right, the command line was wrong, but that's doesn't change the problem.

I get an office 2003 version, the service pack and some hotfixes and generate an DVD Image with your office slipstreamer 1.6.2

In the next step I've burned it to an DVD-R.

And now the testcase: I've put this DVD in the DVD drive (drive d: in my virtual PC) and starts a command shell (cmd.exe).

If I use the command shell (or change with c: to the first hard drive) than I get the wrong result.

If I change the current drive ( with the input d: on the DOS prompt) to the DVD than the commandline from my prvious posting works.

It looks for me, that your setup searched the orginal MS Setup-Programm on the current drive. If I don't change the current drive your programm looks at c: where isn't any orginal setup programm. If I chnage to d: before I call your setup, then your setup looks for the orginal on drive d:. And found it.

Can you check the function (inside your setup programm), which builds (or expand) the commandline for the call of the orginal setup programm.

Maybe you forget to forward the drive letter, maybe.

PS: For your information: I work since over 20 years as a system analyst and senior developer with DOS, Unix and some other operatin systems. Pls apologize me if I use the terminology for DOS or win32 developer without to declare them.

You're right, the command line was wrong, but that's doesn't change the problem.

I get an office 2003 version, the service pack and some hotfixes and generate an DVD Image with your office slipstreamer 1.6.2

In the next step I've burned it to an DVD-R.

And now the testcase: I've put this DVD in the DVD drive (drive d: in my virtual PC) and starts a command shell (cmd.exe).

If I use the command shell (or change with c: to the first hard drive) than I get the wrong result.

If I change the current drive ( with the input d: on the DOS prompt) to the DVD than the commandline from my prvious posting works.

It looks for me, that your setup searched the orginal MS Setup-Programm on the current drive. If I don't change the current drive your programm looks at c: where isn't any orginal setup programm. If I chnage to d: before I call your setup, then your setup looks for the orginal on drive d:. And found it.

Can you check the function (inside your setup programm), which builds (or expand) the commandline for the call of the orginal setup programm.

Maybe you forget to forward the drive letter, maybe.

PS: For your information: I work since over 20 years as a system analyst and senior developer with DOS, Unix and some other operatin systems. Pls apologize me if I use the terminology for DOS or win32 developer without to declare them.

OK, I think that I understand the problem now. I'll investigate. It was not problem in terminology, I just did not figured situations in which you got errors. And I did not forget to forward the letter, but we'll see.

hi Mara, i will translate this to dutch for you man :D

very nice tool man :)

and in Autoit huh? nice ...

see ya around, i will let you know about the trans man

damian666

Thanks man, yes AutoIt code :D

Cheers ;)