Bet This is the Easiest Way to Create Addon ;):D

zLord

hi all people there this is my first topic i have read a lot of creating addons with all kinds off progs here in this forum and got lost finally coz of all used programs and ways then i said i will use my own way... but before i start i wanna ask the PROs here in this forum about their opinions and maybe they can help me further more

1st:

Get Install Right v2.5c and install it ...

2nd:

Take a manual snapshot of ur system using Install Right v2.5c

3rd:

Install ur software ( only one application by each snapshot )

4th:

Analyze the taken snapshot using install it..

5th:

go to : review installation

6th:

click on the installation name and press KIT

( this will create a silent installation file ( exe ) that will install the application silently )

put this file in a standalone folder and name it what ever u want to.

7th:

install nlite addon maker and create an addon by pointing the nlite maker to the folder of the previous file

8th:

now u have created a .cab file that contains a silent install of the application u want

9th:

integrate the .cab file into the windows installation file using nlite windows setup editor.

thats all folks

waitin any answer from any1 who has tried this way out and sure welcomming all comments especially z PRO's ones woot.gif

hi all people there this is my first topic i have read a lot of creating addons with all kinds off progs here in this forum and got lost finally coz of all used programs and ways then i said i will use my own way... but before i start i wanna ask the PROs here in this forum about their opinions and maybe they can help me further more

1st:

2nd:

3rd:

4th:

5th:

6th:

( this will create a silent installation file ( exe ) that will install the application silently )

7th:

install nlite addon maker and create an addon by pointing the nlite maker to the folder of the previous file

8th:

now u have created a .cab file that contains a silent install of the application u want

9th:

integrate the .cab file into the windows installation file using nlite windows setup editor.

thats all folks

waitin any answer from any1 who has tried this way out and sure welcomming all comments especially z PRO's ones :w00t::thumbup

This sure is not the easiest way. Taking snapshots... :lol:. Using tools to create addon... :lol:. It's better to make addons manually, so you can be sure what are you doing. And there is no point to take snapshots, you don't need it for anything and it requires additional application. In your way, you need 3 application to create addon: Compressing tool, addon maker, Install right, I need just compressing tool. You just waste you time here.

Also, do NOT double post!

Cheers ;)

Some of us are not experts at making addons/silent installs, so we have to use the tools available to us. If your way works for you, then use it! Personally, I like to manually make my own addons/silent installs, but that's just me. I use compression/decompression utilities like 7zip/WinRAR/Universal Extractor, and have found myself tweaking .msi files with InstallShield. But again, that's my preference and it works for me. My favorite part of the whole process is adding my own icon/peronsal info with ResHack!! Gotta love the sweet icons you can find.

Use what works for you! Keep it up!

Have a look here:

http://www.epsilonsquared.com/installrite.htm

I tried it, it seems to work very well. Actually has a 'wizard' that walks though most of it. At the end when you tell it to make the 'kit', be sure to select silent installer and 'force no reboot'. Afterworks, made cab as suggested using nlite addon maker, you don't input any switches. I extracted the silent installer, to test, you than need to reboot, and the installation was successful. Will now need to test on a virtual box setting. Oh, its actually, 'installrite', not install right.

hope this helps.

hi guys sorry for not bein here almost all the time , we are facing some problems in our country by now , anyways like eddie11013 said , thats the easy way to do it , but if any1 wants i can repack some of my applications and send screenschots to this cool community here , by now am trying to integrate office 2003 silent installer but nothing till yet anyone has a good idea ?

p.s:

i might have found another easy way to make autoscripts its even much easier than AutoIT and i can bet u all when i finish it completely ill get back and send some screenshots for both the installrite way and the autoscript way

hope any1 can help me by now with the office2003 cab file heheh ill try it now in another ways waiting any suggestion from all people out there

byez :thumbup

hey man i just wanna say , th this way might be the easiest one , and besides some other users agreed to that :thumbup and besides man , well fiding silent switch for all applications is not that easy i tried all ways possible ways besides man , registering applications with the way u prvided is much harder , so if u dont mind can u plz show us a way to extract all silent keys for all applications and registering them ?

thanks again for ur comment and waiting ur answers guys

Sure is a nice program. I use it a lot when i make addon's. But i only use it to get the reg info and the info about the added files. To be sure i got all reg info i use the program regshot V2.x aldow. That program is a bit more updated.

The installrate program is a bit old. it could use a update if you ask me.

The installrate program can make indeed a silent installer when you use the option build KIT. I tested that on some programs. Sometimes it would work and most time's it wouldn't work. Jou just have to try on a clean install. Well i would say try it on office 2003. It just wont work.

1st:

2nd:

3rd:

4th:

5th:

6th:

7th:

8th:

9th:

thats all folks

waitin any answer from any1 who has tried this way out and sure welcomming all comments especially z PRO's ones woot.gif

Great work my friend I like this way to creat addon its realy easy Ill use it it olso save the configuration of every program u have

BTW congratulation about the news today from Qatar ;) just be لbrothers ....

hi mhrlive well first 10x for ur time and post , well like UTCOLLECTOR said it might not work on all programs since some programs write registry values for specific users but it can be solved just need some steps to be done like , if these reg values for specific users arnt necessary u can just delete them and try them on another clean windows if it works it all good if not then we must use some other ways like the normal cab file maker and nlite like posted somewhere else ... and like i said i might have a better way by using autoscripts but in using a script writer much more easier than AutoIt , but idd like to make some tests yet before i publish it here ....

And thanks again for ur congratulations , i just wanna say , what u hear on news isnt that quiet clear we all know media today is being played around with politicians , i can tell u as for me , my friends are still my brother no matter what their religion is or their political view and thats the most of the lebanese people opinion regardless to what others hear or see in media ;) byez