register the OLE Control

corisco

Can someboby help me to understand the nature of this problem?

Error:Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\userenv.dll because of the following error:DllInstall returned error 2147746132 (80040154).

This message was found in the setuperor log file after realizing that the installation was not completed properly. First I updated my xpsp2 using RC7 and afterwords nlite 1.4.5 without any problem whatsoever. Then I decided to setup my xpcd with sp3. I used the same background but gott different result. Some of the addons and tweaks did not install and neither did dotNet35

What is your view on this matter?

regards

corisco

i had the exact same error with sp3 setup and i can tell you for sure in my case it had nothing to do with hfslip or nlite it was the wmp11 addon and the order of slipstreaming it into the source. i consider myself a noobe and can't explain why and how but i think it has something to do with this dll file "ADVPACK.DLL"

run some test builds without IE7 and wmp see if that helps

the way that works for me

slip. SP3

slip. wmp11

IE7

the rest of addon prog.

nlite

I do agree with you. The problem is not with nlite or with hfsli it is more liklely to be with some of the addons. I did manage to have a good run with IE7 and WMP and had no problem. I have to identify which addon is the problem. Nevertheless I appeciate your input.

regards

corisco

Well... HFSLIP wasn't really made to process only addons and SVCPACK installs. Such set ups weren't tested extensively so it's still possible that the problem lies there.

Try HFSLIP 1.7.6rc8 with the wbemoc.inf fix in the HFTOOLS folder. If that doesn't help, try to find out if an addon is causing the problem.

Hi, I would like to report that I have completed slipstreaming my xpsp3+IE7+WMP11+my selected addons using RC8 without a problem. Afterwards I used nLite to bring it to a close. Only one update was required KB941569. I tested, at first, without any updates just to check what update woul be required and that was the only one.

I want to thank you for your work

regards

corisco