Install Final Cut Pro (Mac X) on Emulator in Windows

mynewsin

Objective : Install FCP (Final cut pro) on PC with 2 monitors (one display will do, but i prefer to run FCP with 2 display) on Windows XP with some Emulator.

my Current PC configuration is :

Mainboard: Intel D845GVSR

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 @ 2400 MHz

RAM: 256MB (DDR-SDRAM PC2100)

(This i will upgrade to 2 GB)

Hard Disk: 80Gb

(This i will upgrade to 120GB)

Power/SMPS: 400 (approx)

(Anyother thing one needs to know, please ask).

The problem i am facing are:

1. Selection of Cheapest Graphics Card that can be installed on above PC, some of them i selected are:

-GeForce 6600 GT

and

-GeForce 6800 GS

Since i need to run FCP with 2 displays, will the above cards fulfil my needs?

Please recommend any other card or comments about the above two which will work on FCP. It may be i am looking in wrong direction.

2. Which emulator is best for running Mac?:

-MS Virtual PC or server

or

-VMWare

or

pearpc

Anyother tips for running FCP, since i am fairly new to Mac world, and i need to help a man with low resources (Money) in hands. The person needs to first try hands on FCP, then he shall buy Mac machine or so.

Thanks community.

To the best of my knowledge VMWare is the only software that is able to cope with 3D graphics (albeit through an 'experimental' feature ie not guaranteed to work). But I'm still not sure if you can actually run it on dual monitors. I think this may be a problem for you.

I have no experience running Mac OS within a virtual environment so can't offer any advice there. I'm not even 100% clear on whether you could legally do that (my understanding is Mac OS can only be licensed to Mac hardware).

Assuming both these cards have dual output (which I would assume they would) it probably wouldn't make a lot of difference which one you used. With your proposed hardware I would guess that your CPU will be the bottleneck (after you upgrade RAM to 2GB).

Got my problem(confusion) solved :

1. my board 845GVSR does not support Graphics port (AGP Port), so no point installing AGP card.

:(

2. yes, its confirmed, Apple Mac OS cannot be installed on non-apple hardware.

Thanks forum for support.

Shall keep this thread updated, if any progress happens on this point.