Unable to apply tweaks Whats Wrong ?

sysinstaller

Hi,

I Downloaded latest version of Nlite and created unattended installation souce in C:\INSTALL\WINXP. After that I copied that souce forlder to another pc and started installation process using following command :-

winnt /s:c:\install\winxp\i386 /u:c:\install\winxp\i386\winnt.sif

Installation was successfull without any errors. But 'TWEAKS' and given network settings i.e. i.p. address for lancard, and some desktop settings, performance tweaks not took place. Whats wrong ????

I do believe with that command you used you performed a "Upgrade" or "Repair" installation on the other PC while using the winnt.sif file. (I could be wrong though)

If that is the case then of course not all tweaks and setting would be applied because those types of installations attempt to keep the existing settings and tweaks.

If thats not the case then try it with a CD and a full reformatting installation.

P.S. Vmware, virtualbox or virtualpc can be your best friend with nLite! Always try to test your newly made installation source.

Hi,

I Downloaded latest version of Nlite and created unattended installation souce in C:\INSTALL\WINXP. After that I copied that souce forlder to another pc and started installation process using following command :-

winnt /s:c:\install\winxp\i386 /u:c:\install\winxp\i386\winnt.sif

Installation was successfull without any errors. But 'TWEAKS' and given network settings i.e. i.p. address for lancard, and some desktop settings, performance tweaks not took place. Whats wrong ????

from the command it seems you are installing from dos

where you put your tweaks for applying

while installing from dos $oem folder should be placed inside I386 folder