[Release] AVG Antivirus Free Edition v8.0.176 Build 1400

johndoe74

AVG Antivirus Free Edition v8.0.176 Build 1400 [Released: December 04, 2008]

Basic antivirus and antispyware protection for Windows available to download for free. Limited features, no support, for private and non-commercial use only.

• The most downloaded software on CNET's Download.com
  • Quality proven by 70 millions of users
  • Easy to download, install and use
  • Protection against viruses and spyware
  • Compatible with Windows Vista and Windows XP

Switches used:

• /HIDE
  • /NO_WELCOME
  • /NOAVGTOOLBAR
  • /DONT_START_APPS
  • /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSurf
  • /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSearch
  • /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_EmailPlugins
  • /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_Exchange_plugin
  • /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_EMC
  • /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_Office_2000_plugin

File size :: 51.57 MB (54,077,610 bytes)

MD5 :: BBEB9C5360B4229C1FB7B0F66E726D6C

Main :: ifile.it

NOTES ::

• This is a GUIRUNONCE addon and requires Unattended mode to be enabled in NLite.
  • The "Database update is disabled" warning can be dealt with by running a manual update using the command "%ProgramFiles% AVG AVG8 avgupd.exe /PRI=5" as explained here.
  • I tried the addon without the "/DONT_START_APPS" switch and while that did remove the "Database update is disabled", the program when running also sucked up resources like crazy so i put that switch back in.
  • Tested and working just fine on Windows XP Media Center Edition (32-bit) in a Virtual Machine.
  • Not tried on Windows 2000. I doubt very much it will work but if anyone cares to try, please provide feedback, thanks!
  • I believe this package comes with both x86 and x64 files, but again I haven't tried on x64 Windows so if anyone does try, feedback would be nice, thanks!

Edited by johndoe74

This is a nice addon and I would like to make my own installing all options except the Internet Explorer toolbar. Does anyone know the silent install command to include all options except the IE toolbar? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This worked for me fine (cab and everything)

avg_free_stf_all_8_100a1295.exe /HIDE /NO_WELCOME /NOAVGTOOLBAR /DONT_START_APPS /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSurf /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSearch /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_EmailPlugins /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_Exchange_plugin /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_EMC /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_Office_2000_plugin

Picked it somewhere, not mine, but forgot where :blushing:

AVG Antivirus Free Edition v8.0.169 Build 1359 [Released: August 25, 2008]

Switches used:

• /HIDE
  • /NO_WELCOME
  • /NOAVGTOOLBAR
  • /DONT_START_APPS
  • /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSurf
  • /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSearch
  • /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_EmailPlugins
  • /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_Exchange_plugin
  • /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_EMC
  • /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_Office_2000_plugin

File size :: 47.61 MB (49,920,690 bytes)

MD5 :: 7545E492485F735DB6384EA1E70B20AE

Main :: ifile.it

Mirror :: uploading.com

Mirror :: divshare

Mirror :: badongo

NOTES ::

• This is a GUIRUNONCE addon and requires Unattended mode to be enabled in NLite.
  • The "Database update is disabled" warning can be dealt with by running a manual update using the command "%ProgramFiles% AVG AVG8 avgupd.exe /PRI=5" as explained here.
  • I tried the addon without the "/DONT_START_APPS" switch and while that did remove the "Database update is disabled", the program when running also sucked up resources like crazy so i put that switch back in.
  • Tested and working just fine on Windows XP Media Center Edition (32-bit) in a Virtual Machine.
  • Not tried on Windows 2000. I doubt very much it will work but if anyone cares to try, please provide feedback, thanks!
  • I believe this package comes with both x86 and x64 files, but again I haven't tried on x64 Windows so if anyone does try, feedback would be nice, thanks!

Edited by johndoe74

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I added it under "Hotfixes and addons" and it's not installing. I see the file under SVCPACK, but what I don't see is the .ini file, ENTRIES_avgfree-8.0.100.1323.ini anywhere in the build. Where does this get extracted to or referenced? I don't see it in the GUIRUNONCE section of my winnt.sif either. These are the contents of ENTRIES_avgfree-8.0.100.1323.ini:

general]
builddate=06.07.2008
description=Basic antivirus and antispyware protection for Windows
language=English (United States)
title=AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
version=8.0.100 Build 1323 [Rel: 06.05.2008]
website=http://free.grisoft.com/

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[GuiRunOnce]
"%source%\i386\svcpack\avgfree-8.0.100.1323.exe"

Now that I just pasted it in, I think I see the error. Missing [ in the beginning of the file?

there's a new version out but before making that addon, i'd like to ask the people who have downloaded this current addon if the switches used were appropriate to your needs ? should i use the same switches when making the addon for the new version or do you want me to make any changes ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whenever I try integrating this .cab into an nLite installation, my anti-virus program (AVG 7.5) detects a virus (Trojan.OnlineGames.asbd) in the executable file within. If I try to "heal" the file, AVG automatically deletes it, which leaves it missing from the SVCPACK folder in the \I386 directory. I tried downloading the file from three of the mirrors you listed. Although the md5 sum for each file matches the one you posted, all are infected with the same virus.

Has anyone here encountered the same problem with this .cab, or is it something I should be worried about? I plan on using this disc on machines that'll be sold at a retail outlet, so I'm hestitant to ignore the file and let it slip through, even if the threat is minor.

updated to v8.0.169 Build 1359

bpcruz, the files in the package are completely unmodified from the stock installation package available online. Sorry to disappoint your antivirus but I didn't include a complimentary virus in there :D

Edited by johndoe74

updated to v8.0.169 Build 1359

bpcruz, the files in the package are completely unmodified from the stock installation package available online. Sorry to disappoint your antivirus but I didn't include a complimentary virus in there :D

Thanks, johndoe. Yeah, I thought it must have been some kind of false positive; just had to make sure. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had the same issue with your Textpad v5.1.0.2 addon, just FWIW. As with bpcruz, my virus scanner (AVG v7.5.0.722, paid version) detected 'Trojan.OnlineGames.asbd' in the unpacked .exe file (svcpack\Textpad-5102.exe). I assume it's a false positive as well, but thought you might like to know.

Thanks btw for your prolific releases. :)

• 1 month later...

thanks for this addon, i just have a question, when the windows installation finishes, i got the dos window from this addon. i just closed it and everithing was fine.

but how can i fix this window to pop up .

tx