Drivers Updating / Intergration

iwod

Is it possible to replace the old drivers in Vista with Newer drivers.

Or Delete most of the drivers inside Vista and have an up to date drivers pack intergrated to it? ( Something like Driverspack.net ) ?

Sometimes NEW drivers REQUIRE *OLD* drivers. I was testing SATA AHCI mode for harddrives in vista, and when i installed the ATI drivers, it also looked up some promise controller drivers. And the only promise controller drivers i have are integrated in the vista originally.

Solution to optimize vista with single drivers for stuff would be to capture and export drivers with perhaps tool like DriverMax, great tool, free registration.

So first install system with all drivers original, nothing removed, then install all drivers as normal, then capture drivers with inf files and all and use them for a fresh install of vista with all original drivers removed.

Either that or you could try extracting drivers from the Vista dvd, i know this works quite good in XP but havent tried it in vista yet.

Sounds good to me but that would means the DVD isn't universial. Although i should care about that later.

Not to mention the current problem of adding your own drivers will results in popup during setup asking for permission to install.

Which is rather annoying.

I will look into DriverMax now.