Getting error 0x80073701

DarkMaster

Hi romainian,

I used the necessary DLL files in order to get WIM working otherwise i wouldn't even getting to chose which option to remove and keep. But to answer your Q. I didn't install WAIK.

Don't know exact install size right now. I'm at work but will check when i get home later tonight. Only issue its not "clean" anymore but can try to ad installed app so you can estimate for yourself :)

Regards

/Frewys

I used the necessary DLL files in order to get WIM working otherwise i wouldn't even getting to chose which option to remove and keep. But to answer your Q. I didn't install WAIK.

OK. ;) But the point I was driving at was if you used WAIK to pre-install features you'd be definitely using as defined in another thread, coz vlite does warn that it [and does!] breaks the Add Features ..um.. feature. I guess if your .ini preserves that then it wouldnt be necessary to preinstall anything now.

I'd give a go but then I'd like to know if I get to save some space versus my present waik-vlite installl which i'm happy with now ^^ hence my question on disk space. Add the ram use while your at it ok hehe ;)

Edited by romanian

OK. ;) But the point I was driving at was if you used WAIK to pre-install features you'd be definitely using as defined in another thread, coz vlite does warn that it [and does!] breaks the Add Features ..um.. feature. I guess if your .ini preserves that then it wouldnt be necessary to preinstall anything now.

I'd give a go but then I'd like to know if I get to save some space versus my present waik-vlite installl which i'm happy with now ^^ hence my question on disk space. Add the ram use while your at it ok hehe ;)

OK if the Q is if i preinstall something then no. I don't do that. Just strip it of the stuff in my ini.

Didn't know it broke from adding stuff to. I'm mostly interested in removing stuff anyway :P

Regards

/Frewys

Hi,

Found a post on Piratebay by a private tip from dssence.

A guy calling himself "Proz"

had some additional removed (and some not) supposedly its supposed to work to. so compare and ad to the remove list if you want.

[Components]

;# Accessories #

Accessibility

Speech Support

System Information

;# Drivers #

Display adapters-Ati

Display adapters-Intel

Display adapters-nVidia

Diva Server

Modems

Printers

QLogic Fibre Channel Adapter

Scanners

TV Tuners

;# Hardware Support #

Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI)

Smartcards

;# Languages #

Japanese

Korean

Simplified Chinese

Table Driven Text Input Processor

Traditional Chinese

;# Multimedia #

Music and Video samples

Sample Pictures

Screensavers

Shell event sounds

Wallpapers

;# Network #

Internet Information Services (IIS)

Windows Mail

;# Services #

Error Reporting

IP Helper

IPsec Policy Agent

Windows Time

;# System #

Manual Install (Setup.exe)

Microsoft Agent

Natural Language

Tablet PC

Windows Defender

Windows Easy Transfer

And sorry romanian. I'm in the process of moving so i didn't have time yesterday will try tonight to get you the information you request.

Regards

/Frewys

Hi Romanian,

Sorry for the late response.

I checked my C drive size. if i exclude hibernation file and page file the size is a little over 7GB. I have Virtual box installed which account for most space. of the installed programmes. (couple of hundred MB) But the virtual OS is on D Drive. winsxs account for about 4GB space of those seven.

Hope this gets you a good picture of the install:)

Regards

/Frewys