.exe icon/verstion tab doesn't show?

radigast

I've made a silent install of Office 2007, and zipped all of that into a self-made 7Zip sfx with it's own custom icon/version info. However, after the .exe is zipped and compiled, my custom icon/version info simply doesn't show. To make matters more confusing, when I copy the self-made .exe to VMWare, the icon/version info shows up. When I copy it back, the icon/version still doesn't show. The .exe installs flawlessly in both normal Windows and VMWare, so there is not any corruption. What's going on? None of the other 40+ custom/silent installers I have made have this problem...

To show you what I mean, here are 2 screenshots:

VMWare screenshot

post-158493-1210580579_thumb.jpg -->icon

post-158493-1210581178_thumb.jpg -->properties

Normal Windows Screenshot

post-158493-1210580588_thumb.jpg -->icon

post-158493-1210581191_thumb.jpg -->properties

Anyone have any insights? Again, these are both the EXACT same file. The first is when I copied to VMWare, the second is on my native Windows.

**EDIT - Fixed typos**

Edited by radigast

Anyone have any insights? Again, these are both the EXACT same file. The first is when I copied to VMWare, the second is on my native Windows.

insight: welcome to the discovery of the Windows Operating System and its many glitches. This is one of them.

shark

Edited by Shark007

Stupid windows. Anyway you know of to "fix" this glitch?
sometimes... i repeat SOMETIMES, using the system provided disk cleanup utility to remove thumbnail caches can correct this issue.
You've made lots of repacks...when this happens to you, what do you do?

When this happens and I KNOW for fact the file isnt corrupted, I ignore the glitch and move on to my next task.

shark

Edited by Shark007

Thanks Shark. I am annoyed (Office took FOREVER to pack into the 7z SFX, and I was hoping to see my sweet icon/custom info as a geeky reward), but I'll just grin and bear it. Thanks again.

• 4 months later...