Multiple RDP sessions in SP3

Idontwantspam

So, after upgrading to SP3, it appears that the old multiple remote desktop sessions trick doesn't work any more. Does any know if there is a modified termsrv.dll for SP3 yet, or if not, how I could go about making one? I like being able to have multiple sessions a lot so that if I need to make some quick changes to a different computer, I don't have to boot them off, etc. Any ideas? Google hasn't shown any promising results so far. :unsure:

Really? Hmm... I'll have to try that again, since so far it doesn't seem to have worked.

Multiple remote desktop sessions really works with XP SP3 with termsrv.dll from SP2 Beta 2....

I have running now and is the same as SP2 :)... thought i'm using termsrv.dll SP2 Beta English version over Windows XP SP3 Spanish...

Don't worry about replacing the SP3 file with older SP2 beta...

Edited by gus_007x

I recall there being 1 more thing in addition to replacing the termsrv.dll

Mind sharing? I believe it was a registry setting. I want to implement this unattendedly in my XP install. Thanks!

Yay! I got it working!

Yeah there's some registry settings. I'll see if I can find the .reg file somewhere... :unsure:

I use two registry hacks with termsrv.dll SP2 Beta 2...

These are:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core]

"EnableConcurrentSessions"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

With SP2 i have to edit some settings in gpedit.smc... But with SP3 i only patched those registry keys... And work it :)

What about XP Unlimited and Winconnect XP?, i had read about it. The patched XP Remote Desktop (termsrv.dll SP2 Beta 2) only allow 2 sessions, while the other programs allow 21 sessions, and of course, they're using Remote Desktop Protocol...

Hello everyone.

I have installed Windows XP Pro, with SP3.

I have replaced patched termsrv.dll in system32 folder

file size=

I have also created these entries in regedit:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core]

Maybe I have wrong termsrv.dll file? could someone share it with me ?

thanks!

Hello everyone.

I have installed Windows XP Pro, with SP3.

I have replaced patched termsrv.dll in system32 folder

file size=

I have also created these entries in regedit:

Maybe I have wrong termsrv.dll file? could someone share it with me ?

thanks!

My trmvsrv.dll file is 5.1.2600.2055 English version.... It runs even on SP3 Spanish Version.... Do you have the correct version?

I don't know about breaking post rules if i'm if upload that file, i send you in PM if i can...

Edit: To remember everyone, you must replace termsrv.dll FIRST in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE and until then in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM. If you don't replace the file in DLLCACHE, SFC will restore in SYSTEM32 the SP3 version...

Edited by gus_007x