How to Make XP Pro SP1 into MCE 2005?

Hey guys i need a detailed guide on how to make my XP Pro SP1 Disk into a MCE 2005 one. I have the three folders (NETFX, MEDIACTR & TABLETPC) but i don't know what to do with them any help will be great :)

EDIT: Sorry I also want to be able to use is as an install cd

Edited by greg677

You need appropiate changes to TXTSETUP.SIF, and some files in XPCD\I386 are different... :rolleyes:

Any other member here already did that? Might not useful here but I would do the backwards way ;)

@greg677: Useful info might be look in this thread (this forum) WindowsXP/2003 Ultimate Edition.

Edited by ChrisKuhli

ok this is what i've done so far

attempt 1

slipstreamed (Media_Center_Edition_2005 v4_Orbit30_Addon.cab)using nLite into XP Pro SP2. add/remove components in add/remove programs in control panel generates an error saying "Setup libary plusoc.dll could not be loaded, or function OcEntry could not be found. Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e"

attempt 2

slipstreamed (Media_Center_Edition_2005 v4_Orbit30_Addon.cab) using nLite into XP Home SP2. add/remove components in add/remove programs in control panel generates an error saying "Setup was unable to open infomation file msmqocm.inf. Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x2 at line 2088999411.

i searched this file on my laptop and it was located in C:\WINDOWS\inf but when i tried to search in on my Virtual OS it didn't find anything. also by fixing msmqocm.inf might bring up the original error on XP Pro plusoc.dll

The Media Center Edition 2005 Addon does not work correctly for me i used nLite but problems still occur.

2nd Question

Is their any way to change the System Properties window to say "Media Center Edition 2005" instead of 2002?

Plz help guys ive now used up 29 DVD's :(

First i suggest you buy a small set of Rewritable disks ;)

One thing i meanture: You write you use an Addon to integrate the MCE. So you don't have original MCE files? Hmm :unsure: if you want do a legal task... :angry:

Yeah i do have the orig files of my Acer computer it came preinstalled with MCE and the Acer recovery disks contain the MCE Files located in the Components folder. the reason why im doing this is that i can't use these Acer disks on any other computer. it only works with my model Aspire E650, i want to be able to install MCE on my laptop :( . So if you can help me ill do it manually Because i Have XP Pro Gold and i want to know where to put the files, so the easiest way was to use the Addon but its causing problem for me :(

Edited by greg677

To other(s) here in the forum: greg pinned me so ithink he does okay. The only what i think he could break the license he made with the builder of his Laptop if he use this MCE (whatever form modified or not) with other if its EULA is especially related to that hardware.

OK. ive managed to get the add/remove components working but thier is one problem left. when i try to uninstall the "Windows Digital Media Enhancements" component it uninstalls in the window but when i look in my programs it is still there so then i looked in the program files folder and the files are still there. so if anyone knows what the problem is please let me know because i think im missing a file somewhere in the windows plus! package. :)