Most virus,trojan etc

hi guys what up ?

whats the most virus, trojan etc you guys AV"s ever picked up in one shot on a pc ?

i installed eset on a guys laptop who was runnin avg an zone alram and it picked up 4000 + an after it restarted an aditional 250 , then his pc crashed !! lol !

imagine one pc with so much , who can top that here !!

p.s. This post is no way intended to say that AVG dont work <--- lol :rolleyes:

I tend to take screenshots when I encounter large results at work. I too, use NOD32. The following screenshots, however, are from sometime last year, when I was still using NOD32 v2.7.

post-54728-1210525838_thumb.jpg

post-54728-1210525804_thumb.png

The most I've ever seen, however, was on a heavily infected worm-infested system, which had over 150 thousand infected files, sorta like the above 35 thousand-object example above. Both systems had variants of the Win32/Nuwar.gen worm.

It's been several years, 2003 I think, so I don't remember the exact quantities. A WinME unit I serviced for a friend was so incredibly clogged, it took a full 5 minutes to boot up, and 2 minutes to load a simple web page. At most, it could run about 30 minutes before crashing, or about 5 web pages, whichever came first. The AV was years out of date with 2 teenage users. It had Kazaa on it for a long time, and all the garbage that comes with it. CoolWebSearch. Too many trojans to remember. Tools like Ad-aware and SpyBot would just freeze up. Couldn't update the AV or install a new one. The malware processes defended each others files and autostart entries. System files had been replaced with malicious copies. The only tool I could effectively use to start was an old copy of F-Prot for DOS, back when it all fit on 3 floppies.

By the time it was over, 2 days later, the PC had 5GB more hard drive space than when it started, most of it adware/malware and stored banner ads. The web pages that had taken 2 minutes to load were now loading in 2 seconds.

Malware was different back then than it is today. Most of it today is pretty stealth. Back then, it was very "in your face", challenging you to get it out. Thankfully, it was on a 9X system and DOS was the tool of choice.

Rick

The most I've ever seen, however, was on a heavily infected worm-infested system, which had over 150 thousand infected files, sorta like the above 35 thousand-object example above. Both systems had variants of the Win32/Nuwar.gen worm.

Nuwar is the Storm Worm which uses a system driver to inject code into all PE (exe, dll, scr, ocx, sys) files on the computer, of course it can call for additional malware to be download, so it normal for almost every file to become infected on the pc through one worm. Consider yourself lucky if you notice this because some malware such as a rootkit will get below your AV and it will look like nothing is infected. :ph34r:

Once your compromised, all bets are off. In order to be sure your rootkit/hypervisor/bootcode free you need to at least scan the disk offline, or better yet just reformat.