COMODO Firewall silent Install

Buhric

Hi,

I'm trying to so a silent install of COMODO Firewall

My searches resulted is doing a "CFP_Setup_3.0.22.349_XP_Vista_x32.exe -s" to extract the files to the appropriate folders

then running "C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfpconfg.exe -i"

to configure the application

But with version 3.0.22.349, the -s does not work. it simply create a .log file that says that the installation failed

and I have nothing named COMODO in the Program Files Folder.

I also saw some user where using AuoIt to install CFP, and they where giving out teh scripts,

But I never used AutoIt before, I always managed to Silently install all my apps via batch files.

Was anyone able to Silently install the latest version of CFP?, is so could you let me know,

Thanks

Was anyone able to Silently install the latest version of CFP?, is so could you let me know,

I suggest you to write a AutoIt script and everything should work fine. What kind of installer is this?? Maybe you should download not a multilanguage installer..

I dont know what kind of installer it is...

and its not a multilanguage installer...

As for AutoIT.... I never actualy used it before, so I have nop Idea how to make a script for this....

The way it works, Is thatyou start the big EXE, it will then create a script.ini file in the TEMP folder

and ask you a few questions, at the end it will extract the files to the TEMP folder and move them to the final install folder.

So the files does not stay in the TEMP folder for long.... I cant copy them over to and other folder.

But If I take my time looking at the script I might able to decipher wich file goes where.....

Once the files are where they need to be it runs a command CFPCONFG.EXE -I (got this from the script) which will start the configuration process.

I was playing around with CFPCONFG.EXE and I found out that theres multiple 1 letter switches available, (almost all the alphabet)

IE.: -a forces a scan, -k start the config wizard, -r Reboots the computer, -i -s seams to perform a silent install....

so If I run CFPCONFG -i -s and then reboot, the firewall application starts up, but if I open up the main screen, it says that the "Firewall is not working properly" and ask if I want to repair, if I say YES, it fails to repair and ask if I want to create a diag file. IF I say YES again a TXT file is create and by reading it, I believe some files are missing.

So There is a way to do a silent install.... We just need to know exactly what files gets copied where, and if the Registry get modified before the installer run the CFPCONFG.EXE -I

Edited by Buhric

I dont know what kind of installer it is...

and its not a multilanguage installer...

As for AutoIT.... I never actualy used it before, so I have nop Idea how to make a script for this....

The way it works, Is thatyou start the big EXE, it will then create a script.ini file in the TEMP folder

and ask you a few questions, at the end it will extract the files to the TEMP folder and move them to the final install folder.

So the files does not stay in the TEMP folder for long.... I cant copy them over to and other folder.

But If I take my time looking at the script I might able to decipher wich file goes where.....

Once the files are where they need to be it runs a command CFPCONFG.EXE -I (got this from the script) which will start the configuration process.

I was playing around with CFPCONFG.EXE and I found out that theres multiple 1 letter switches available, (almost all the alphabet)

IE.: -a forces a scan, -k start the config wizard, -r Reboots the computer, -i -s seams to perform a silent install....

so If I run CFPCONFG -i -s and then reboot, the firewall application starts up, but if I open up the main screen, it says that the "Firewall is not working properly" and ask if I want to repair, if I say YES, it fails to repair and ask if I want to create a diag file. IF I say YES again a TXT file is create and by reading it, I believe some files are missing.

So There is a way to do a silent install.... We just need to know exactly what files gets copied where, and if the Registry get modified before the installer run the CFPCONFG.EXE -I

Use WinINSTALL LE 2003 for snapshot the system before and after installation.

Well Actualy I did found a way to silent install the Firewall.....

Once you start the installation, take a look in your %TEMP% folder

You will see a SCRIPT.INI file.... it tells you which files are used, keep a copy of SCRIPT.INI to refer afterwards..

Finish the installation of the Firewall.

Then Check the SCRIPT.INI that you copied. and do a search for the files that it mentions, most of them are in the %ProgramFiles%\COMODO\FIREWALL folder, some are in %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS and

in %ALLUSERSPROFILES%\APPLICATION DATA\COMODO

So just gather up all of those files, create a self extracting archive that replaces the files in the correct folders

and once its done you just need to run

%ProgramFiles%\COMODO\FIREWALL\CFPCONFG.EXE -i -s

If you look again at the SCRIPT.INI, you will see that it actualy runs CFPCONFG.EXE -i ,

But I found out that CFPCONFG.EXE contains many switches....

and -i = install and -s =silent -r = reboot, -u =uninstall

Theres plenty more sitches....

And also if you which to have the Icons in the desktop and the start Menu, just copy the .lnk and add it to the archive and uncompress them to the correct folders.

And If you also ant it to apper in the "Add/Remove" Program.... you will need to get the Key from the Registry

and export it.

Does any one here knows of a way to key the command line switches from a .EXE ?

I found a couple for CFPCONFG.EXE by opening up a CMD promt and runnig CFPCONFG.EXE -x

where x = a to z

And see if anything would happen... I manage to find 11 that did something (a windows shows up).... but Im pretty sure that theirs more of them, but does not have any GUI interface appers

• 1 month later...

The -s switch now works with the (extracted) latest version, at least on XP x64 (tested under nLite)

rem compressor/decompressor utilities
msiexec /I %Source%AddOns\7z457-x64.msi /Passive

rem firewall
"%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7z" X %Source%AddOns\CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x64.exe -O%Temp%
%Temp%\CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x64.exe -s
Del %Temp%\CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x64.exe

Defaults to "Safe Mode" on both Firewall & Defense+

The -s switch now works with the (extracted) latest version, at least on XP x64 (tested under nLite)

rem compressor/decompressor utilities
msiexec /I %Source%AddOns\7z457-x64.msi /Passive

rem firewall
"%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7z" X %Source%AddOns\CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x64.exe -O%Temp%
%Temp%\CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x64.exe -s
Del %Temp%\CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x64.exe

Defaults to "Safe Mode" on both Firewall & Defense+

-s switch works for 32 bit version too.

• 1 year later...

How can you also include the anti-virus right click option?

I have the silent install working a treat by extracting the files and running that command to install:

CFPCONFG.EXE -i -s

At last a proper silent install without all that AutioIt stuff!

BUT

I don't have any right click option to scan files and folders.

I am looking in the registry to see if I can make a reg tweak for it.

EDIT:

No need for a reg tweak just register the cavshell.dll thats in the COMODO folder and its there, easy. :rolleyes:

Edited by LeveL