Login script to copy wallpaper

TimHi

Hi,

I am going to create a GPO to set a wallpaper to all workstations. But because a lot of people want to save their current backgrounds, I would like to create a logon script to copy whatever nonstandard wallpaper one might have to a different location on their computer, whether it is an Internet Explorer background or a picture that has since been deleted from the drive.

I am not planning to restrict wallpaper changing, so these people can just change the wallpaper back if they wanted to. Can this be done with relative ease, or am I just dreaming here?

Thanks.

I've created the following logon script in my Group Policy:

copy \\pdc\screen\picture.bmp %SystemRoot%\picture.bmp 
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /V Wallpaper /T REG_SZ /F /D "%SystemRoot%\picture.bmp"
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /V WallpaperStyle /T REG_SZ /F /D 2
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /V TileWallpaper /T REG_SZ /F /D 0
%SystemRoot%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll, UpdatePerUserSystemParameters

It works great... on Enterprise Admin accounts. It copies the bmp to the workstation and modifies the registry like it should. However, everyone who isn't an Exchange admin isn't able to grab the file from the server. The batch processes because the registry gets modified, but the picture.bmp does not get copied over.

The "share" folder on PDC is set to allow "everyone" and "domain users" full access (in both tabs). It's got to be a permissions issue seeing is how Enterprise admins can pull it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

SOLVED

The user was not a local administrator. I forgot that you cannot create/edit files in your Windows Dir (%systemroot%) unless you are a local admin. Bah!

Edited by TimHi