Zune Software needs Equal Treatment for Podcasts

lexonex

Software version 2.5.447.0

That was a great surprise getting updated software and device firmware. The “gapless” music functionality did throw me off a little. I’m not a big music fan. I use my Zune 30GB almost exclusively for podcasts and when listening; one segment finished; it would jump around and just start another without any notice.

I download some podcasts that have 3 (three) separate MP3 files. This is just one podcast chopped up but, I want to listen to the podcast in “order”. The new software makes it much easier. I just simply do an “edit” and assign a “track” number to each MP3 file in order of the podcast show e.g. 01, 02 …. Working great! IF that is the podcast downloads as "music"......I don't know why but, some podcast MP3 files go into my "music" Zune software section while others go into the "podcast" section. Does anyone know why and how can I control this? I would love to have certain podcasts go into the music section of the software where I can assign "track" numbers AND "album artwork".

suggestions for future software updates; PLEASE let me asign "track" numbers AND "update album artwork" to any podcast like I can do for any music album.

Software version 2.5.447.0

That was a great surprise getting updated software and device firmware. The “gapless” music functionality did throw me off a little. I’m not a big music fan. I use my Zune 30GB almost exclusively for podcasts and when listening; one segment finished; it would jump around and just start another without any notice.

I download some podcasts that have 3 (three) separate MP3 files. This is just one podcast chopped up but, I want to listen to the podcast in “order”. The new software makes it much easier. I just simply do an “edit” and assign a “track” number to each MP3 file in order of the podcast show e.g. 01, 02 …. Working great! IF that is the podcast downloads as "music"......I don't know why but, some podcast MP3 files go into my "music" Zune software section while others go into the "podcast" section. Does anyone know why and how can I control this? I would love to have certain podcasts go into the music section of the software where I can assign "track" numbers AND "album artwork".

suggestions for future software updates; PLEASE let me asign "track" numbers AND "update album artwork" to any podcast like I can do for any music album.

This is actually something you might want to post directly on the zune.net community support forums, because these are actually monitored. I'm honestly not sure why the podcast issue would happen, but you are correct, 2.5 is a great update to the Zune software and I have the same want for you on this ;).