disabled error reporting

ccl0

If you disable the Error Reporting service, make sure you also have the "do not tell me when errors occur" checkbox selected, or you'll get this pop-up. If you reinstall Windows XP a lot, add the following to your .sif answer file to disable it during install:

[PCHealth]
ER_Display_UI = 0
ER_Enable_Applications = None
ER_Enable_Kernel_Error = 0
ER_Enable_Reporting = 0
ER_Enable_Windows_Components = 0
ER_Force_Queue_Mode = 0
ER_Include_MSApps = 0
ER_Include_Shutdown_Errs = 0

thanks for the replies. i believe i didnt remove DrWatson or select the "do not tell me when errors occur" checkbox. i will try both options

i do have one additional question. if i check that box like cluberti suggested do i also have to put in that code in the .sif file as well? or is it an either/or situation?

I for one, have found a good routine when making nlite install iso's that works pretty darn good for me.

What i usually do is to start with a clean windows, with NO service pack, no updates, no thing, pure clean simple.

I then apply unattended settings,no patches, and tweaks. The point here is to change the PATHS for windows.

So that windows folder is named XP f.ex ( i actually name it just X), PF for program files, U for documents and settings. You see?

After this is done, i save the preset naming it something like XP-PREP. I then apply any service pack. Then reapply the preset.

Then update hotfixes. Reapply preset, remove stuff, reapply preset. I think you understand yes?

Anyway it works great. On xp x64 there was long a problem with fresh install showing 4 folders for program files with the original take.

F.ex it showed PF, PF (x86), program files (x86) and program files (x86)(x86).

The theory I have here, is that it is FIRST best to DISABLE anything you will THEN REMOVE.

That way, in my head, lol =)), windows thinks aha- ok its disabled, and go about on its business.

Now this may all very well not be needed anymore as of newer nlite version, but i find it to work really good still. And at least if i do rename program files, with 1 step nlite routine, i will have several program files folders as mentioned. In my setup, i get just the folders i should have.

TOTALLY off topic, but my mind is retarded, sorry. =)

thanks for the replies. i believe i didnt remove DrWatson or select the "do not tell me when errors occur" checkbox. i will try both options

i do have one additional question. if i check that box like cluberti suggested do i also have to put in that code in the .sif file as well? or is it an either/or situation?

For an existing system with ER enabled during install, yes, you need to check the box.

If you put the above code in your .sif file during install, it will all be configured properly by default (ER disabled, boxes checked, etc) and you would not have to do anything further.