Long startup boot time

oskingen

Hi, I have vista sp1, no application at startup expect kaspersky antivirus, some services disabled, disk defragmented. Normally it take 3-4 loading bar but now i pass to 18 loading. My configuration is still the same.

Where can i find the issue ? what can be the cause ? It's one thing i can not understand. If you know something please help

Hi, I have vista sp1, no application at startup expect kaspersky antivirus, some services disabled, disk defragmented. Normally it take 3-4 loading bar but now i pass to 18 loading. My configuration is still the same.

Where can i find the issue ? what can be the cause ? It's one thing i can not understand. If you know something please help

Well, as far as I know it happens mostly because of some driver. In my case they were nividia drivers. So I adopted laptop2video nividia drivers and startup is faster.

I hope it hellps

Hard to say, but it's usually driver-related. You could use Process Monitor to monitor the boot log and then analyze it once rebooted to see what is happening during boot. Vista also has boot logging you can enable, although I've found that to be less than helpful in most cases (which is why I suggest process monitor instead).

take a look into the event log under "Application and service protocols"->Microsoft->Windows-> DiagnosticsPerformance you can filter for log messages about slow startup and shut down causes.

Thank man!

I'm not familiar with event viewer. I did what you suggest. for example in the picture below. where can i determine exactly the cause of the problem because i can see a long degradation time but i don't know what is it

post-172411-1210284390_thumb.jpg

Edited by hannubys

If you look in \Windows\system32\GroupPolicyUsers, do you have any files or folders in there?

Nothing inside

OK, so please download process monitor and get a boot log. Once you reboot, open process monitor and save the log as a .pml file (the default), and then compress it and put it somewhere we can all look at it :).

I use this app. DTWEAK Pro. It's a free trail, it'll do disk cleanup and defrag, registry cleanup and defrag, check hard drive health, and so you a list of all things running at bootup. I ran the Vista ver. on my computer and it helped a little. But of course the only thing to help Vista is XP. :lol: