How do I know which .inf file to select for integrating drivers?

bizzybody

My Acer 5315-2153 laptop has Realtek HD Audio. The folder named Vista in the files extracted from the ZIP has seven .inf files with different names. There's two for the modem, two for the Atheros WiFi, and twenty-five in the Intel chipset folder for Vista.

My Acer 5315-2153 laptop has Realtek HD Audio. The folder named Vista in the files extracted from the ZIP has seven .inf files with different names. There's two for the modem, two for the Atheros WiFi, and twenty-five in the Intel chipset folder for Vista.

Select Multiple Driver Folder in vLite when choosing drivers.It should incorporate all .inf files and shoh only the driver version in vLite.Be warned tho...if the driver is not whql certified you will get a lot of install this driver anyway popups during install(realtek drivers cause majority of such popups)

Yeah. the best way for you is to integrate the folder in vlite. as tomorrow say you have to make sure your driver is whql but do not worry the realtek HD is whql not like AC'97. It will install for you the driver and the software

I selected one and got a message that vLite would automatically add them all. So WTF does it need an option for multiple driver folder if it'll do that anyway???

Thats because a driver may require more than one .inf file to function properly(or at all) and vlite is just so **** smart hehe.For example: i have 17 drivers to integrate.You really think i will go trough the hassle of selecting one .inf for every single one and then click 10+ times yes to include other related .inf files?.No.I simply choose all the drivers with the Select Multiple Driver Folder option and with few clicks i have them in vlite.Thats why this option is in vlite.

hello,

I integrated some drivers with vlite on Vista Ultimate image but the drivers aren't installing..... . I checked if the drivers are in the image and there are in the image, Mountdirectory\Windows\Temp\vDrv\.... but there aren't installed. What am i doing whrong?

hello,

I integrated some drivers with vlite on Vista Ultimate image but the drivers aren't installing..... . I checked if the drivers are in the image and there are in the image, Mountdirectory\Windows\Temp\vDrv\.... but there aren't installed. What am i doing whrong?

Integrate drivers and install the image to your PC and open Device Manager.When all your hardware recognized then its all ok.But with the current case...drivers will be integrated into the image and installed during Vista setup not sooner.Also that directory you found i problably some temp directory.

hello,

Integrate drivers and install the image to your PC and open Device Manager.When all your hardware recognized then its all ok.But with the current case...drivers will be integrated into the image and installed during Vista setup not sooner.Also that directory you found i problably some temp directory.

I opened my device manager and none of the drivers are installed :no::}

hello,

I opened my device manager and none of the drivers are installed :no::}

You integrated drivers into Vista and installed it and are currently using it?.Did you get popups during install asking to install this driver anyway?.

sorry for the duble post,

And I integrated the almost 700 mb driver, I used the driverpacks from muiz and HJW for vista...... .

The windows installation install the appropiate drivers from the driverpack for your hardware isn't it or it should be?