windows xp sp0 + sp3?

dumble

Is it possible to make a windowsxp cd with sp0 as the source disk and then just slipstream sp3? i never made an xp-cd..

I have this files:

> windows.xp.pro.sp0.rtm.nrg - 500.635 kB

> WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-NLD.exe - 313.157 kB

Don't even bother with the search button, just read a few threads on the first pages of this forum, this is asked and answered ten times this week.

Yes.

Providing your XP Pro is NLD as well and not illegally downloaded.

Still welcome to the forum.

Edited by Ponch

i thought i read in a tutorial that you have to have xppro with sp1 before you start adding sp3... but this is not true then? if so, then i can start creating a disk with this 2 files?

i think if you start with sp0 as the source, the xp-disk will be 'cleaner' ? or am i not right?

and sorry for my english :)

i thought i read in a tutorial that you have to have xppro with sp1 before you start adding sp3... but this is not true then? if so, then i can start creating a disk with this 2 files?

i think if you start with sp0 as the source, the xp-disk will be 'cleaner' ? or am i not right?

In order to install SP3 on a running system, it needs to be at least SP1; however you can slipstream SP3 onto a a gold (RTM) XP source just fine. I'm not sure about the "Cleaner" part--I've slipstreamed into an XP SP2 disk and it works just fine.

ok i get it now, i want to make just a CD-setup-disk so it think its gonna work.. i will start to8 because it is to good weather out-side now to stay behind my dekstop B)

Thanks 4 your fast replies!

• 4 weeks later...

In order to install SP3 on a running system, it needs to be at least SP1; however you can slipstream SP3 onto a a gold (RTM) XP source just fine. I'm not sure about the "Cleaner" part--I've slipstreamed into an XP SP2 disk and it works just fine.

Is there anyone that slipstreamed SP3 onto a SP1 disk install? Reason I ask is I reloaded SP1, went to the MS update page and they said I should upgrade to SP2. Obviously, SP3 isn't an option until SP2 is installed.

It made me think I should first S/S SP2 and S/S SP3 onto that result.