Vista Activation and OEM

tipu

I have a HP laptop with vista home premium. I want to do a clean reinstall, I know that I vista dvd has all versions in it but the question that I want to ask is that, can msdn vista Image sp1 integrated accept OEM key.

If I want to put my activation certificate, then where in dvd folder should put it?

I have backedup my key and certificate with the help of utility given at notebookreview.com.

I have a HP laptop with vista home premium. I want to do a clean reinstall, I know that I vista dvd has all versions in it but the question that I want to ask is that, can msdn vista Image sp1 integrated accept OEM key.

If I want to put my activation certificate, then where in dvd folder should put it?

I have backedup my key and certificate with the help of utility given at notebookreview.com.

Yes MSDN vista sp1 image should do or vista rtm

ust follow these simple steps to intergrate the Product Key and OEM cert:

Extract your Vista DVD and inside the Sources folder create a new text file and copy paste the text below inside and save the file as PID.TXT

[PID]

Value='Enter Product Key Here'

Now take your OEM XRM-MS file that matches your key and copy the file to:

SOURCES\$OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32\OEM

If the $OEM$ and subfolders dont exsist, create them.

Burn the contents as a bootable DVD and you have your OEM disk!

P.S. you can use ultraiso to open iso and add $OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32\OEM folder to SOURCES folder along with your your PID.TXT file

Thanks I read it, it was posted on notebookreview.com. I was talking about unattended.

@urie

Are you sure about both key placement and certificate placement. has any one tested on hp? I know people say it works on dell.

tipu, it works on all OEM manufacturers i,e dell asus hp acer e.c.t

Thanks I read it, it was posted on notebookreview.com. I was talking about unattended.

@urie

Are you sure about both key placement and certificate placement. has any one tested on hp? I know people say it works on dell.

tipu, it works on all OEM manufacturers i,e dell asus hp acer e.c.t

Thanks mate :thumbup

Yes....it works for all OEMs...you can perform maually...

Change product key...and get oem certificates file (.xrm-ms)

run cmd as administrator and type

slmgr -ilc <path of .xrm-ms file>