System Restore vs IIS

XtremeMaC

Hi thereAs of 10 minutes ago I wanted to install IIS on my Vlite'd Vista Sp1. Install gave an error and said nothing was installed. So I looked at the event viewer and saw this error:

The description for Event ID 8193 from source System Restore cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.The following information was included with the event: H:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exeWindows Modules Installer0x80042308
So apparently this stupid system restore thing is required for IIS? which i don't get. This is probably a trick for vlite users. Has anyone else got this error? Has anyone successfully installed IIS with system restore removed?Thanks Edited by XtremeMaC

I'm not asking for recovery. I have not removed IIS, i removed system restore

I am wondering if this is a common problem.

if not this is just a WARNING for those who are planning on installing IIS....

No it is not expected.

Please attach your preset and I will try it to see what's the point.

So I just use the preset and go to Cpanel-Features to install IIS? Just click the main checkbox, leave it gray or click once more to make it select all subcomponents for install?

Yes, but I've selected most of the components since i'm planning on using the ftp & all. (tried it again with default selected IIS components, same error)

Attached are my system events log along with application event log, if it helps

Last_Session.ini

system_events.rar

application_event.txt

Edited by XtremeMaC

Bad news, your preset worked fine for me.

Modified Ultimate 32bit Sp1, after install selected all IIS components, it rebooted and all ok.

Is your image maybe modified with something else except vLite or maybe vLited twice (some hotfixes first or something)?

I am asking because the title is Ultimate-sp1-x86.

okay weird. i shall try this on vmware as well.

i just vlited once on an all in one untouched RTM SP1 Vista's.

i've not vlited twice. I haven't really stopped or disabled any services nor made lots of registry changes, but i dunno. i'll try it again as well. due to lack of time i had not tried it on vmware. sorry about that nuhi.

thanks

Edited by nuhi