vLite v1.1.6 Final - IronSoft

nuhi

I want to remove the "Windows Update" , but what does the "extreme" means? unsafety? or imperfect?

i would say imperfect

cos ppls saying things to here and there

i guess the problem is cos winsxs remove the backup files of the rest of comps that hasnt been removed

suggestion for new vlite:

make winxsx removal without remove the backup files of the comps that installed on the system

Edited by aviv00

hi nuhi,

i would like to know why it is necessary to keep the system recovery in vlite 1.1.6 if i use logitech setpoint?

in vlite 1.1.1 i removed the system recovery and volume shadow copy, installed my logitech setpoint software after installing vista sp1 and never had problems with that till now. i only want to understand this change in vlite 1.1.6 if you don´t mind. :unsure:

Guess youre lucky then.In one build removed system restore and Setpoint didnt even install.Error message was:khal didnt install.Checked error log created by installation:there was that aborting installation after the line that could not create restore point.

thanks for your answer, i will test vlite 1.1.6 with the newest logitech setpoint 4.60 from last week and report about that in the near future.

i could not see any edit button under my post, so i have to add a reply.

well, i tested the newest logitech setpoint version 4.60 with vlite 1.1.6 and removed the system restore. in this case i can confirm that logitech setpoint will not install the mice and keyboard features, just the basic menu but without any error.

the reason why this didn´t happen to me before is that i´m still using the older version 3.30 from august last year which still works like a charm with my mice mx700, my keyboard mx3000 and vlite 1.1.6 with removed system restore.

so if anybody here wants to try that out with his logitech equipment, here are the direct links to the logitech archiv server:

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/ (for all existing drivers)

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/setpoint330.exe (specific for vista 32bit)

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mo...oint330_x64.exe (specific for vista 64bit)

i wish all of you a beautifull weekend :)

funny, after this post the edit button apeared again, just not after my first log in.

Edited by georgeasch

I use Vista x64 and remove both, System Restore and Volume Shadow Copy. My SetPoint works like a charm.

If I only use the normal SetPoint installer from Logitech, my keyboard and mouse do not show up in the software. But this has got nothing to do with vLite for me. Logitech did not manage to update their drivers for Service Pack 1. So if I try to install the Logitech drivers that ship with SetPoint 4.60, Vista says, that these are not compatible with x64. So I modified the .inf files (added x64 entries, quite simple) and tried it again.

Now Vista gives signature warnings on installing the driver (because .cat files do not match the .inf files any longer), but it works! (I think that working drivers can also be applied by enabling auto update of SetPoint, but didn't test it myself.)

Edited by Dynaletik

I use Vista x64 and remove both, System Restore and Volume Shadow Copy. My SetPoint works like a charm.

If I only use the normal SetPoint installer from Logitech, my keyboard and mouse do not show up in the software. But this has got nothing to do with vLite for me. Logitech did not manage to update their drivers for Service Pack 1. So if I try to install the Logitech drivers that ship with SetPoint 4.60, Vista says, that these are not compatible with x64. So I modified the .inf files (added x64 entries, quite simple) and tried it again.

Now Vista gives signature warnings on installing the driver (because .cat files do not match the .inf files any longer), but it works! (I think that working drivers can also be applied by enabling auto update of SetPoint, but didn't test it myself.)

i never said that this problem has something to do with vlite. of course i meant it has something to do with logitech setpoint after version 3.30 and on monday i will call the german logitech support to tell them about. maybe they can fix that for the next version. :rolleyes:

Just something minor. I think vLite should remove the following key (leftover from Defender):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender]

I think CCleaner detects that key to determine if Defender is installed.