vLite v1.1.6 Final - IronSoft

nuhi

:hello: Hello,

I have used vLite me and tried Recovery from a DVD without SP1 Vista installation DVD to tinker with SP1, but this failed.

Initially, I was able to integrate the SP1 and VMware Server virtual start and begin to install, but then came a message saying that the selected language could not be installed. Days later, I simply tried again but now tells me VMware Server, that it is not bootable, BOOTMGR is missing.

But I have instructions from the PCwelt closely followed and have the right SP1 from the Microsoft side.

Can a Vista Recovery (Home Premium 32-bit) no vLite Vista DVD? Even if the necessary files in the hidden recovery partition, as read this and how can I do?

I am grateful for solutions.

Gruß d.1319

http://www.pcwelt.de/_misc/galleries/detai...&fk=1908332

and other Forum in Germany with the same question http://www.winfuture-forum.de/index.php?sh...=0#entry1167144

'-extreme' switch not working here too :[

can someone post previous version? RC1 was working great...

You're missing something. It cannot work for some people and doesn't work for you.

i've tried EVERYTHING i could think of..

it's not working

i'm running Vista x64 SP1 vLited and trying to make a new Vista x86 SP1..

cmd.exe, shortcut, totalcmd command line.. NOTHING :(

if someone could upload the rc1 version i would be VERY GRATEFULL ^_^

EDIT:

i've got it fixed!!

that was freakn' weird! i've just renamed the folder where i normaly have vlite, redownloaded it and extracted there..

it works now.. :blink: :blink:

Edited by WiCiO

wow so fast thx nuhi :D

"ISO 321MB, Windows folder 670MB."

vlite - when vista become xp :D

Hi :hello: aviv00 I'm amused about your post. Do you really come up with this size? I tried my first vLite but I've come up with 963MB iso Home Premium edition only :blink: . Can you take a look in my last session please. Maybe you can tell me what to do in order for me to cut down the size a little more like 700MB or less. I thought vLite has its own preset like nLite. :) Thanks.

Last_Session_1stTry.ini

Here you have 708mb ISO

It's from HomePremium

Compare to yours :)

Edit:

Your image is bigger because of those drivers you've integrated:

[Drivers]
E:\Utilities\drivers\video\nv4_disp.inf
E:\Utilities\drivers\Realtek Driver_5687_XP_0228_NETWORK\Netrtlx.inf
E:\Utilities\drivers\Dell_C400_Drivers\modem\Mdmchipv.inf
E:\Utilities\drivers\Dell_C400_Drivers\video\win2000\ialmnt5.inf
E:\Utilities\drivers\Dell_C400_Drivers\lan\INF\Oemsetup.inf
E:\Utilities\drivers\Dell_C400_Drivers\audio\cwawdm.inf
E:\Utilities\drivers\audio\WDM_A404\WDM\Alcxau.inf

Check the size of this folder :P

708mb.ini

Edited by WiCiO

Beside this only Search and Firewall could be the difference.. 'cause other than that our scripts are similar :)

Try running mine with your drivers and post how big is your iso..

ok I'll try. maybe tomorrow. I'll attach my last session. thanks.

@WiCiO here is my 2nd try I have arrived with the final iso in 660MB just modified a few from your .ini file. But got a problem while testing the ISO in VMware. I post a new thread about the problem. Maybe you can take a look and help me to figure this out. Thanks. The aero theme seems to be not working. Please take a look on my .INI file. I think I have set the compatibility with Aero tick.

Edited by leinan

hi nuhi,

i would like to know why it is necessary to keep the system recovery in vlite 1.1.6 if i use logitech setpoint?

in vlite 1.1.1 i removed the system recovery and volume shadow copy, installed my logitech setpoint software after installing vista sp1 and never had problems with that till now. i only want to understand this change in vlite 1.1.6 if you don´t mind. :unsure:

hi nuhi,

i would like to know why it is necessary to keep the system recovery in vlite 1.1.6 if i use logitech setpoint?

in vlite 1.1.1 i removed the system recovery and volume shadow copy, installed my logitech setpoint software after installing vista sp1 and never had problems with that till now. i only want to understand this change in vlite 1.1.6 if you don´t mind. :unsure:

Guess youre lucky then.In one build removed system restore and Setpoint didnt even install.Error message was:khal didnt install.Checked error log created by installation:there was that aborting installation after the line that could not create restore point.