Clear username drop down list

cyberguest

As the topic title suggests, would anyone else know how to clear the username drop down lists or the saved usernames that have logged in to Microsoft Passport on my computer? Thanks

4168d011c7.jpg

Edited by cyberguest

Use the arrow keys, highlight the entry you want to delete, and hit the delete key.

I tried your suggestion and unfortunately, it didn't permanently delete username drop down lists. Any other suggestions?

Do you see the same usernames if you run "control.exe keymgr.dll" on the box? If so, delete them from keymgr.dll and they should be gone (cached credential list).

AO3 and Stoic Joker, No offense, but your suggestions are incorrect since Microsoft Passport is not tied to IE, therefore clearing out saved usernames/passwords from IE will not clear out those from Microsoft Passport.

cyberguest, I strongly advise you to follow my method as this is the only correct way to do this.

Method #1:

You will need to modify/create a key within the system. Open the Registry Editor, and navigate to the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\ Control\ Lsa

Create a Value called "disabledomaincreds" and set it to "1". Reboot will finalise the process.

Note: This is generally only useful if you are setting up a system to be used by many users.

Key Details:

Machine Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\ Control\ Lsa]

Value Name: disabledomaincreds

Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)

Data Value: "1" = disable : "0" = enable

Method #2

Here's a faster, safe, alternate way: must be logged in as ADMIN

Go to Start + Control Panel + User Accounts + Choose your account + "Manage my network passwords" at the top left + Then delete whichever MSN accounts you don't need.

Do you see the same usernames if you run "control.exe keymgr.dll" on the box? If so, delete them from keymgr.dll and they should be gone (cached credential list).

Never heard of this suggestion, but I have a feeling that yours might be correct. I have to test it out once I get back from my vacation.

Edited by LiquidGenie

My apologies to everyone for not replying earlier. My DSL modem had been experiencing sporadic disconnection in the past few days, but fortunately my ISP has resolved this issue. And I want to say thanks to LiquidGenie for providing a thorough, detailed method (refering to Method #2, of course). I finally got rid of this pesky saved/passwords from the drop-down list within Microsoft Passport. Again, Thank you guys for helping me out.