window effects regtweak don't applied

Hello, i have this regtweak applied during T-39, so it should go to default user profile, but when installation ends it is not applied and i see animations and so on. BUT when i run it then in windows it work. Any idea?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;aby se v nastaveni projevovali zmeny zaskrtnuti a odskrtnuti je potreba aby byla vybrana nahore volba vlastni!!

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
;POLOZky prace se slozkou
"WebView"=dword:00000000
;peknejsi obdelnik vyberu v exploreru - povolit
"ListviewAlphaSelect"=dword:00000001
;prusvitny popisy ikonek na plose
"ListviewShadow"=dword:00000001 - povolit
;obrazek pozadi pro kazdy TYP slozky - to jako treba fotky atd.
"ListviewWatermark"=dword:00000000
;posouvani tlacitek v panelu uloh
"TaskbarAnimations"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
;zobrazovat obsah okna pri tazeni - povolit
"DragFullWindows"="1"
;vyhladit hrany obrazovkovych pisem - povolit
"FontSmoothing"="2"
;dalsi veci
"UserPreferencesMask"=hex:90,12,01,80

;animace maximalizace a minimalizace oken ...
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
"MinAnimate"="0"

;je potreba!!! - nastavuje checkbox na manual, takze se pouzijou vybrany hodnoty a ne vse a nebo nic !!!!
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects]
"VisualFXSetting"=dword:00000003

BTW i can see from system properties that at last this [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects]

"VisualFXSetting"=dword:00000003 is really applied

Hmm, right, that is true, so on first logon of each user default user settings are overwriten?

Yes, they are overwriten. As I said, create a bat or cmd file to apply them on first logon.

Regedit /s Regkeyfile.reg

where regkeyfile.reg would be Regkeyfile.reg in your case

so for the runonce in the registry:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

"BLABLA"="regedit /s regkey.reg"

You also can run executables or batch script from the run or runonce key.

So if you for example would like to run Henk.exe the next time the computer is started you could add this to the registry:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

"Henk"="C:\pathto\henk.exe"

Thank you for your reply. So if i add it to HKLM\....\runonce it will runonce for each user created if i understand it correctly? I know it is probably stupid question, i just wanted to be sure. :)

I think i should add it to HKCU\....\runonce in T-12 so it would be in runonce in default user profile?

Edited by Lolita

Thank you for your reply. So if i add it to HKLM\....\runonce it will runonce for each user created if i understand it correctly? I know it is probably stupid question, i just wanted to be sure. :)

Yes you're right.

I think i should add it to HKCU\....\runonce in T-12 so it would be in runonce in default user profile?

You can create new key but I've seen serveral threads where people experienced problems with some HKLM tweaks imported at T-12. However, I've never heard of problems with importing at the first logon. In my own tests, the HKLM tweaks applied at T-12 seem OK but some HKCU tweaks don't stick.

Edited by THERMALTAKE

Ok, i have it in default user HKCU runonce (and i think that having it in HKLM will make no difference).

Settings are imported, but not all are applied.

I tried run import again and restart and now all settings are applied. BUT registry looks same as before manual import!

Any ideas?

EDIT: i found out, that i just need to reboot twice - omg!

Edited by Lolita

create a file called "cmdlines.txt" directly in the $OEM$ folder. (note: no spaces in filename).

That cmdlines.txt file gets parsed as if it was a batch file, at T-13, automatically by windows setup. Have the paths written correctly. Here's my cmdlines.txt, for a sample:

CODE

[Commands]

"regedit /S mytweaks.reg" (where the file "mytweaks.reg" is also placed in the same directory - $OEM$)