My disadventures with SP3 5512

alxtorrentazos

Hi, this post is to inform that after I installed SP3 build 5512 I´ve lost connection with my Kodak c875 digital camera and my Alcatel OT-C701 cell phone. When I connect them trough and USB port, windows shows an error and that´s it :(

I did a FRESH SP2 installation and all this devices works perfect, but after I install SP3, both lost connection......If I go to "Add or Remove Programs" and do a manually remove of SP3, both devices start working again!!!!!

Tried with a XP SP3 nlited version and same results........so, be aware of this issue.

Alx

If you worl with nlite, please post your LS.ini! :)

Thanks for your interest danker, but like I said, I have the same results doing a common installation of SP3 over a fresh SP2 install......

I installed from scratch XP SP2 and after the first boot, Ive installed the "WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe" patch....so, no nlite involved in this and have the same results......my Camera and my Cell Phone can´t stablish connection with Windows anymore :( .......the "funny" thing is if I remove SP3 (Add or remove programs --> windows SP3 ---> remove), when I start my PC in SP2 again all things works great :(

Edited by alxtorrentazos

I hate to say this, but since this has not been "officially" released by MicroSoft I'd wait until SP3 is officially released and try again. They may fix this issue for you.

I hate to say this, but since this has not been "officially" released by MicroSoft I'd wait until SP3 is officially released and try again. They may fix this issue for you.
Nothing is going to change in the service pack between now and when it is officially released.

First try integrated SP3 fresh install. Do not remove or change anything else with nLite.

Why is this in the nLite forum?

Ive installed the "WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe" patch....so, no nlite involved in this and have the same results

You only found out its not nLite after posting?

Without the exact same devices its hard for anyone to answer since theres no error number or anything to go off in the first post. If you removed stuff in nLite then post the LS.ini

Edited by LeveL

Like I said, tried two windows installation from scratch........1° with SP0+SP3 made with nlite (without ANYTHING removed, only SP3 integrated) and the 2° installation made with a windows SP2 and after that installed SP3 like a regular user (double click on the WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe file)...........same results.........both english versions of course.

I apologize for my poor english, sorry

Alx